1960s concessions kart

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
You're not, it just went over your head. Watch Crocodile Dundee as research into a "walkabout" and you'll get it! Lol. I believe 30w is what it originally calls for so it shouldn't hurt to use it, if you'd still like to thicken it up a little add a touch (1 fluid oz maybe) of Lucas Oil stabilizer.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
so I drove it for the first time yesterday with a 5.5 hp clone i picked up for 30$. no brakes or throttle cable. it is a lot of fun. it's not very fast but I think ma sister will like it. where can i get a custom seat pad that mint fit.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
The craft store, assembled by you. :roflol:

Seriously, there's not a lot of options for kart seats. My solution involved some T-nuts, plywood, a staple gun, and a yard of marine vinyl and foam padding from the local Hobby Lobby. Marine vinyl will hold up real nice.

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
so I drove it for the first time yesterday with a 5.5 hp clone i picked up for 30$. no brakes or throttle cable. it is a lot of fun. it's not very fast but I think ma sister will like it. where can i get a custom seat pad that mint fit.

That's great! I love seeing (and bringing) old stuff left to die back to life!

For the seat, FA did a nice and detailed post(s) on the Lunar Rovers seat he made which should help guide you towards success! :cheers2:

Functional Artist

Reaction score

SteadyMobbin

Reaction score
The craft store, assembled by you. :roflol:

Seriously, there's not a lot of options for kart seats. My solution involved some T-nuts, plywood, a staple gun, and a yard of marine vinyl and foam padding from the local Hobby Lobby. Marine vinyl will hold up real nice.

THANK YOU!:auto:

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
the day before I went on vacation(that's why i did not post for 2 weeks.) i put a gx 160 with a head job, thinner head gasket, guv delete, cylinder hone, and 212 carb on it. did two lap in my yard at 1/4 throttle and broke the right front spindle bracket off. got back Sunday night. so yesterday i had my dad re weld it. the i worked on getting full throttle tonight. i succeed but the throttle kept sticking. btw I rigged up a weed eater throttle for it. i post pics soon. with the old engine it topped out at 20mph. this one is a bit faster!

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
ok so i never posted pics, but it sat in a shed for like 2 yrs and slowly hard parts stole off it. but yesterday i picked up a Briggs raptor at a yard sale and slapped it on there today still have some stuff to work out but i think its a much more fitting engine.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
also the engine dosnt say raptor, but it has the same model number, its got a big carb and its jetted super rich(maybe jetted for alcohol?) it needs rings but runs, it does have a sticker on the top that say its a racing engine and does not have a governor.