Recent content by Matra V12

  1. Matra V12

    Tachometer suggestions

    Wow! ChromeRhino, I really like your enthusiasm and determination not to surrender to compromises. To be frank, I really never had the intension to install a digital tachometer. I think it is useless in situations when you need it most, i.e. keeping your eyes on where you're heading. Your...
  2. Matra V12

    Tachometer suggestions

    Thank you Joe-405. I just might go for that digital solution.
  3. Matra V12

    Tachometer suggestions

    Probably been discussed a thousand times, but here goes anyways... I would like to put an analog tachometer on a kart with a 420cc Honda clone. Something like a Faria or AutoMeter 0-5000 rpm would be nice, but I'm open to other suggestions. There seem's to be a lot of cheap China and India...
  4. Matra V12

    Governor question

    Understood ! Thank you guys
  5. Matra V12

    Governor question

    I just got my new clone 420cc. I proceeded to disconnect and remove the external governor linkage and fabricate a bracket for the throttle pedal cable. I read that many will go further and remove the internal governor sprocket and related hardware. Why is that? What is wrong with leaving the...
  6. Matra V12

    Torque converter fit problem

    True. And, like you suggested, put the sprocket on the outside of the driven unit. With two minimal length spacers alignment could be achieved.
  7. Matra V12

    Torque converter fit problem

    Thank you all guys! I think I'm going to get rid of the jackshaft/mountingplate and make a custom jackshaft. This way I can do without the spacer on the crankshaft and recover 9/16''. Too bad I didn't follow itsid's advice on a previous thread and buy a 40 series TC. Back to square one! :(...
  8. Matra V12

    Torque converter fit problem

    I am trying to install a GTC TC2 torque converter (asymmetrical) on a Tecumseh 10HP engine and got this fitment and misalignment situation. First, I think the crankshaft is not long enough, 2 3/16" long and leaving only 5/16" protruding to fit the driver Hub. And, the driver and driven flat...
  9. Matra V12

    Engine and T.Q. selection

    Dankeschön !
  10. Matra V12

    Engine and T.Q. selection

    Thanks for your reply. I had previously bought an almost new Tecumseh engine from a broken snowblower, but dismantling the snowblower, I discovered that it had two output shafts, and the main one has only 1" long machined and keyed straight shaft (SnowKing engine picture). I don't think that...
  11. Matra V12

    Engine and T.Q. selection

    I am new to this forum and to go karts. Can anyone direct me to a list or tables of engines specs that have the correct output shaft specifications (diameter, lenght, key, tapered or straight...) to match 10~15 HP torque converters?
Top