Probably been discussed a thousand times, but here goes anyways...
I would like to put an analog tachometer on a kart with a 420cc Honda clone. Something like a Faria or AutoMeter 0-5000 rpm would be nice, but I'm open to other suggestions.

There seem's to be a lot of cheap China and India tach on ebay, but I need to be instructed on what will work (Spark pulse, proximity sensor, magnetic sensor ?). Ebay offers don't have much technical explanations on how their devices work, and most seen to work on 4-6-8 cylinders engines only. Also, I don't want those generic 0-13000 rpm offerings. I suppose it takes a Diesel engine tachometer?
Anyone has suggestions and pictures?
I would like to put an analog tachometer on a kart with a 420cc Honda clone. Something like a Faria or AutoMeter 0-5000 rpm would be nice, but I'm open to other suggestions.

There seem's to be a lot of cheap China and India tach on ebay, but I need to be instructed on what will work (Spark pulse, proximity sensor, magnetic sensor ?). Ebay offers don't have much technical explanations on how their devices work, and most seen to work on 4-6-8 cylinders engines only. Also, I don't want those generic 0-13000 rpm offerings. I suppose it takes a Diesel engine tachometer?
Anyone has suggestions and pictures?

Did you just ruin a working, innocent tachometer... just like that? Your dad should have taken your tools away and introduced you to a knee and a belt a few times, son. I think we need to chat over there behind the barn...... :::taking belt off::: Now, this is gunna hurt you more than it hurts me. :::doing some stretches to get warmed up for the workout forthcoming:::