will this brake work with a 13hp engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob711

New member
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
Long Island, N.Y.
40$! Did u read the answered questions, does in need additional fluid resovoir? A guy says it worked on a tractor.
Pls get it and show us what your putting it on, wondering how it compares to the mechanical caliper set up for 70$
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
It should be fine, go for it; I have a similar setup on my kart & I barely need to touch the pedal...

Pls get it and show us what your putting it on, wondering how it compares to the mechanical caliper set up for 70$

Without having compared the two, I would say much better; T-Man did a vid on a similar setup...
 

x-Speedy-212-x

●▬▬▬▬▬๑&
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
Location
Not The Slow Lane.
It should be fine, go for it; I have a similar setup on my kart & I barely need to touch the pedal...



Without having compared the two, I would say much better; T-Man did a vid on a similar setup...

I am considering this brake system and have questions:

Could it supply enough force to lock the axle at 30mph?
How about good braking at double that?

I'm guessing a hydraulic reservoir is needed along with it but I don't know what kind it is .

I did submit a question on Amazon about the product and someone responded it barely slowed him from 40. Maybe no hydraulic fluid was used?
I don't know. You seem like you would know , what is your experience?

Thanks and much appreciated.
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
First, this is what we call hijacking; even if you have an identical question to one already asked,
PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD...

I have an almost identical setup on my kart &, yes, it locks up at 30mph, it all depends how hard you press the pedal; granted, my kart is small & light but, I see no issue if the kart is slightly larger; I wouldn't go putting that setup on a large, overpowered kart...

As for the fluid reservoir, it's built into the master...
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
I am considering this brake system and have questions:

Could it supply enough force to lock the axle at 30mph?
How about good braking at double that?

I'm guessing a hydraulic reservoir is needed along with it but I don't know what kind it is .

I did submit a question on Amazon about the product and someone responded it barely slowed him from 40. Maybe no hydraulic fluid was used?
I don't know. You seem like you would know , what is your experience?

Thanks and much appreciated.

A few things look Familiar here....
Is that you Freerunner15?
Why the new account? you can apply for a name change to match your youtube. :backtotopic:
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,214
Reaction score
4,193
Most of us want to go faster and you want to slow down.. Hmm

Seriously. I even drive that way, and plan well in advance to avoid hard braking.

I also time my stop n' go traffic driving to get all the green lights. Stopping is NOT GOOD.


:backtotopic:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top