Wheel bearing removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetleseventy3

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I need some advice on removing wheel bearings. These bearings are flush with the axle and there is no lip or anything to knock it out from the other side. Any suggestions?
 

Magice

New member
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
I'm not sure I follow.. is the bearing on the axle or on the wheel?
 

beetleseventy3

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Sorry, the bearings are in the wheel. The bearings that seem to be most common have a substantial edge or lip to easily knock them out. There is no edge on these to knock them out. I think I may have to somehow grind them out unless somebody has a better idea. I hope this makes more sense.
 

Magice

New member
Messages
333
Reaction score
0
If there is a bearing on each side, can't you reach a screwdriver or something in there and tap the edge of the bearing from inside?
 

jeanluc1993

New member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
im having trouble trying to find the rite tools to remove the bolts from the back wheel. can some one please tell me what tools i need??
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
Firstly, welcome to the forum!
Secondly, don't bring up old threads unless your own or a good cause.

Make your own thread! Make sure you include enough relavent information, Eg. Make or type of bike, and add some pics.
Rob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top