Wheel advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylorszalay

Reaction score

Taylorszalay

Reaction score
thanks for replying im still trying to decider which ones im going to get probally the second ones.

Ferrari motors15

Reaction score
I know these type of wheels looks great but I did the error of bought these wheels. I put it in the front of my Go kart and in every curves they twist side to side. I use 6 of these in the front of my Kart and they last 40 minute each.

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I know these type of wheels looks great but I did the error of bought these wheels. I put it in the front of my Go kart and in every curves they twist side to side. I use 6 of these in the front of my Kart and they last 40 minute each.

So your saying your tires are basically gone before your out of gas!

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't use either of the two tires you showed. I bought a set of four of the second type. They don't look very durable so I ended up not using them.

The one's that Ferrari showed look a little better, but I don't know.

brendonv

Reaction score
dont get 5/8" bore, go for 3/4". 5/8" is to thin i think. I got 3/4" wheels, similar to those ones at HF but better and they go good. I got bearings rated to 25000RPM in them and they work well.

fluxcored

Reaction score
After months and months and months of looking for wheels - I'm happy to report that I'm still looking.

I actually saw a set like Ferrari's shown at our local mower repair shop - hmmmmm!

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
yup, just went to HF yesterday.
while i was there, i checked out those wheels. a lot of them the bearings felt really bad, a one actually wouldn't turn!

but a few i found felt good when they turned... but i still wouldn't expect them to last long lol
they might be good just to get a kart rolling, to see how everything works... but much more than that.. idk.

dpaxson

Reaction score
the bearings and the tires are horrible and you have to weld a new bead around the bearing tube, but if you're looking for something cheap and you're willing to spend some time making them stronger, they're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.