What would be more worth it..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magice

Reaction score
I currently need an easy to attach motor for my kart and am looking for the fastest solution:

What should I do?

1. Get a new aluminum bearing block for 5hp briggs (raptor3 block or something) This would cost me about $60 in all tops. I have all parts to build onto block.

2. Buy my friends 5.5hp low use ohv Honda for 100 dollars. He ran it on a gokart but never pulled the governor.

I was also thinking of possibly attaching my gx340.. but that thing weighs like 100lbs.

Out of choice 1 and 2, what would better. Are hondas light compared to an aluminum bore briggs?

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
i would say if you got about $120 build up a raptor briggs
weld up your own exost (if you have axcess to a welder) and buy a racin cam, rod, flywheel, head, valve's/valve springs and cool stickers :)

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score
or take that same money and find a used 2 stroke

$200 gets you a brand new 125cc w/ 4sp and maybe reverse (not on ebay ATM)

$300 might get you a 500cc w/ 5sp

Magice

Reaction score
That would be a pain in the *** to attach though... hmm

I've been thinking of rebuilding my gx340 and maybe attaching that.. although that may be too heavy on my flexy frame

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Our system is more accurate. My opinion.

I think there is a conspiracy against our friends to the north...
I saw a sign today that said "Drink Canada Dry"

I do prefer thousands of an inch for fine work but its a PITA to do fractal work with "american" units whereas the metric stuff is all in tens.

Magice

Reaction score
A good chunk of measurement in industrial design kind of stuff is done in imperial here in Canada still..

iwanttogofast

Reaction score
no fact...our smallest is a inch(smallest standard size) we can go to thousandths of inches....metric can got to thousandths of cm and mm...being way more accurate...because its a smaller measurement

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
You can't say one is more accurate than the other. People measure things in ten-thousandths of an inch, neither system is more accurate.

(Metric FTW tho :roflol: )

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
Time to break out my metric adjustable wrench.

Status
Not open for further replies.