What type of welder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
yea in the auto section is were you find it its blue. also welding sticks are the metal rods that weld the two metals together.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Chicago electric, or the hobart? I haven't heard anything good about the Chicago, but, tell me otherwise if you have better experience!

The Chicago. I haven't had any problems with it other than ones I've caused myself by being careless. :oops: I've welded my whole kart with it. I was using the flux core wire for a while until I got that tank of CO2, then I started using the solid wire. It's been working just fine.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
yea in the auto section is were you find it its blue. also welding sticks are the metal rods that weld the two metals together.

Ah... well let's say that I buy the welder today from WalMart (I wish :mad2: )... What else would I need to start welding? A face shield? welding sticks?

Thanks for everything so far! :cheers2:

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Walmart doesn't stock them :mad:

"It's probably on the website only, we don't carry 'em"

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Not yet. I'm making a trip with dad tomorrow to Home Depot. I'll look there. Hopefully they'll stock something like that...

How are eBay welders? I found some good deals (kits) too... Lemme find them again.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
No, unfortunately I missed it :( I got called away (parents)... :(

I'll keep a eye out there! No doubt my dad won't be very happy :D (This will be the third time in three weeks :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.