What could it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Just pull the spark plug and drop them in the hole ... They should find their way back home...:thumbsup:

This is sorta what I do after I take an engine apart.
I take all the rods, valves, cam and everything and just toss it in the case, and close it up.

It can take as many as 10 pulls, but then everything falls right into place.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
^^ THIS!

No honestly.. a failed key on the flywheel or incorrectly installed cam, dropped lifter, bent pushrod (or some other valve failure) or or or...

we can't tell for sure unless we know what you did (narrow down where you could've messed up)

'sid

PS in the unlikely case that you have NOT touched the engine in any "modificational" way..
just return it and ask for a replacement.

It was just my muffler that popped, the only thing I did to it is take out and check the plug and try to rig up my header. Is my muffler not on tight enough???
[EDIT] is my muffler gasket bad?

Okay, not the end. One of my pushrods are bent...

How does that happen just by pulling a spark plug and muffler???

BTW: What the heck are you thinking using an IMPACT on the spark plug??? Stripping a steel crankshaft isn't enough for you, now you wanna try your hand on an aluminum head??

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
I think you should hit it with a hammer for a while to make sure all the tool gnomes are driven out of it.
Those little scoundrels will make off with your tools when you're not looking.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
I hear next year Rota-derp will be manufacturing a 15 years old and under engine.
It will be constructed using tamper free breakaway bolts.

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
How does that happen just by pulling a spark plug and muffler???

BTW: What the heck are you thinking using an IMPACT on the spark plug??? Stripping a steel crankshaft isn't enough for you, now you wanna try your hand on an aluminum head??

I am NOT using an impact on my spark plug. I'm not that dumb :roflol:
I've no idea why the pushrod is bent either, but it's under control.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

Seriously guys, I don't break everything, just look at Rail Rider's signature. I fix things more than I break them, but I only post about the broken stuff.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
The push rod is bent because you cranked down the lash while the engine was in the wrong position.
Or you installed it wrong when it all fell apart when you pulled the governor.

Bbqjoe

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck with that!
I already called all the HF's in your area and beyond, and told them to watch out for a creepy little blonde headed 12 Y/O kid named Nathen. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.