Two seat diy go kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfive

New member
Messages
645
Reaction score
1
Location
Great falls Montana
Making more progress but still not moving. Have to remove axle and add some lock rings. Making brake cable and throttle stuff currently. So hope to be able to try it out this week if I'm successful.
 

Jfive

New member
Messages
645
Reaction score
1
Location
Great falls Montana
Finished it for the most part! Started out pretty cool today, so I spent a full 9 hrs and buckled down and finished the kart.

Had so much to do but I felt I slacked so much lately I needed to do it. Made the rest of the trottle linkage, and made the brake cable.

Mounted the manual brake caliper, removed the rear axle and made key ways and installed all the locking collars.

Added the third pillow block, drilled holes and welded. Bought lock collars without key ways as they only had two locally with the key way and using those on the wheels.

Cut and welded the floor pan. Made steering rod for left side. Definitely need to make Ackerman steering with the new spindles I'm in the middle of making.

Drove it around the apartment but wife wouldn't video it. Says she will tomorrow in the daylight. Turned left not too bad, but pushes pretty good turning right.

Kinda expected it to be a pain with solid axle on asphalt. Had to make new spindles for new front wheels so I'll be attempting caster/camber Ackerman mods when I do.

Toque converter is awesome! So much power and can't wait to see what speed it will do with 6.7:1 and governed (built for 8 year old daughter).

Hope to update with a few pics and video tomorrow!
 

Jfive

New member
Messages
645
Reaction score
1
Location
Great falls Montana
Well wife phone didn't save the video but I took picture's. I took a lap, the wife and daughter joined me. Handled us at 400lbs just fine. Air'd back tires to 24lbs and it steered a little better. Needs fixed still but I will work on that next.

After I found out the video didn't work I asked her to take it again but she wouldn't. On our last lap people in the apts where looking at us. Also for some reason the exhaust set one of the cars alarms off.

Kinda wish it was dead axle for asphalt but it will really be for dirt shortly. Getting bigger front tires and Ackerman next. Plus 10 degree camber spindles. Protractor from China just arrived.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160904_135325.jpg
    IMG_20160904_135325.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20160904_135239.jpg
    IMG_20160904_135239.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20160904_135252.jpg
    IMG_20160904_135252.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top