turque converter

von

Reaction score
got a well used manco dominator that someone put a predator 212 on and the converter shaft is broken where can i find a parts list and best place to get parts20220712_100255.jpg

Attachments

• 20220712_100309.jpg
    20220712_100309.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

redflash

Reaction score
that one is older than baseball...it may really be a "turque converter".........I can't see anything about it that is the least bit fixable in this modern world. My 02 cents says trash it completely and get a complete new 30 series torque converter from amazon for about $80.00 ( cheapest way to go !)

Da Flash

von

Reaction score
30 series fit without problem or do i need to modify stuff ... and that makes it belt driven ?

redflash

Reaction score
typical 30 series should fit. the main determining issue is the exact diameter of the crankshaft coming out of the motor, I believe that 3/4" is standard for small motors, and standard for 30 series....remove all that stuff including that old drive clutch with the fan, and measure the drive shaft coming out of the motor, that diameter will determine the torque converter to order.

Da Flash

von

Reaction score
wheres best place to order from? and does it give more low end or top end ... don't change it ? I've never had a torque converter on a go-kart what about it being a predator 212

redflash

Reaction score
if they all have that same cover.......they're the same unit, just different sellers ! The only downside with chinese tq's are the belt is substandard, and won't last too long. should buy a "COMET" belt now, because you'll need one in a few months. The comets are significantly better, and last much longer than china stuff.

Da Flash

von

Reaction score
if they all have that same cover.......they're the same unit, just different sellers ! The only downside with chinese tq's are the belt is substandard, and won't last too long. should buy a "COMET" belt now, because you'll need one in a few months. The comets are significantly better, and last much longer than china stuff.

Da Flash
thanks thats useful info

panchothedog

Reaction score
You said it is a predator 212. The output shaft is 3/4" . Buy any of those
torque converters with confidence. They will all work and on that kart you will get great performance.

panchothedog

Reaction score
Most of the kits include the WRONG bolts to attach the plate to the engine.
Even though the engine is Chinese the threads are SAE. The size you need is
5/16" x 24. Probably 1" long. The threads on the end of the crankshaft are the same. It will be in the 2 1/2" range . Some times you have to shim either the driven clutch or the driver to get them to line up perfectly. It's important that they are. At times to get the most thread bite on the driver I have purchased a
3" bolt and cut a little bit off. The 2 1/2" may have worked but there was more depth left in the crank and there is a lot of pressure or stress on the driver clutch. Get it on as well as you can.

AmishMike

Reaction score
I bet if marketed correctly, you could get good money for that old clutch. Bush trimming clutches are hard to come by these days. Something about fingers........:banana:

von

Reaction score
I bet if marketed correctly, you could get good money for that old clutch. Bush trimming clutches are hard to come by these days. Something about fingers........:banana:
that would be cool sell ut to someone in need ill have to look it has a number on it

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Von, I think that was meant as a joke. He was talking about the fan part of the clutch. I could see the fan part as a useful piece an a CVT to help cool the primary clutch and belt.

von

Reaction score
Von, I think that was meant as a joke. He was talking about the fan part of the clutch. I could see the fan part as a useful piece an a CVT to help cool the primary clutch and belt.
now you folks know I'm new to the kart stuff hard to tell if u joking or not ....i just knew i had a piece of gold... joking 😂

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
You’ll learn if you stick around long enough, this is actually DIY Gokarts and Nut House! We bust each other’s marbles when we get the chance and sometimes even when we don’t! But we really are a great group of people. If I didn’t live so far away from some of these clowns I’d hang out with them. Jerks don’t seem to hang around too long. Robert had one heck of an idea when he created this site.

Reactions: von

von

Reaction score
You’ll learn if you stick around long enough, this is actually DIY Gokarts and Nut House! We bust each other’s marbles when we get the chance and sometimes even when we don’t! But we really are a great group of people. If I didn’t live so far away from some of these clowns I’d hang out with them. Jerks don’t seem to hang around too long. Robert had one heck of an idea when he created this site.
sounds like fun dont worry i can take and give a joke, i get ut going i might start asking about hopping up the engine ... bolt on stuff nothing major

panchothedog

Reaction score
One of the easiest engines there is to hop up. Just a stage one kit ( header exhaust, free flow air cleaner, and bigger carb jet ) with a governor delete will get you around 10 HP. After that you have to spend some money and open up
The engine but not all that hard to get 13 to 14 HP.

Rat

Reaction score
One of the easiest engines there is to hop up. Just a stage one kit ( header exhaust, free flow air cleaner, and bigger carb jet ) with a governor delete will get you around 10 HP. After that you have to spend some money and open up
The engine but not all that hard to get 13 to 14 HP.
I'm not a Predator fan boy personally, but getting any GX180/200 clone, 208cc, or 212cc up to 12hp is quite easy with no serious add-ons.

Getting them past that 12hp hump, well now that's were things get more risky than expensive. Going for max power and jumping all stops for forged billet this an' that... too rich for my blood and personally prefer having E-start and a charging system too much for all that

von

Reaction score
why wont the clutch come off , put puller in it sprayed with slick 50 no set bolts, is it just frozen (rust) the bolt is for my puller to seat on its not touching clutch........

Attachments

• 16578040142131657935704153694222.jpg
    16578040142131657935704153694222.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1