• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Turbo Briggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
thats pretty good. a mate of mine has a turbo charger on his 5hp honda but he said its tiny, at least half the size of that one, he says its of a racing gokart and gives a bit of power.

gocartkid

Bad Attitude
Reaction score
ok so the ? is who's going to try it first on here:drool5:

The next engine I'm going to build is going to be a high-horse Briggs 5. If soemone can tell me (or even donate) a turbo for the project...I'll "get 'r' done" and post a step-by-step tutorial for turboing a Briggs. Sounds fun! :devil2:

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I was actually thinking of making a supercharger type device. It would attach to the output somehow and should be more efficient because it's driven by the engine directly. Maybe use a few gears to speed up the rotation on the turbine side.

d311_5uxor

Reaction score
seems alittle too expensive, its far cheaper to buy a used sled engine that has lots of HP already

jr dragster T

Reaction score
That turbo is like 5% effective. It lags the whole time so...Theres no boost at all just not enough exaust volume+presure to spin the turbine with enough energy to compress the air. Sure you get a cool sound out of it but that's just about it.

Pyrotechnic

Reaction score
Yeah. Read the guys description. "You will never see this anywhere else" and "no Megasquirt crap here."

As pointed out before, that turbo would work well on a motor in the 2.0L range. 0.1L isn't gonna do it. The turbo isn't going to make even 1 pound of boost.

Second of all, the Megasquirt is not junk. I doubt whatever he designed....if he even designed anything...is better than a Megasquirt.

Zero credibility as far I'm concerned.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Well, if you read one of his own comments:

"Yeah if u really thing about it, this hole motor is just a giant paper weight that doesnt do anything. I dump the turbo idea and moved to supercharging instead."

He say's right there that it doesn't do anything.

d311_5uxor

Reaction score
while wondering through a junkyard, i do remember seeing a tiny car (maybe a suzuki) 3cylinder turbo, the turbo was about the size of a beer can, im sorry i didnt write down the car make and model, those tiny turbos are out there somewhere

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
while wondering through a junkyard, i do remember seeing a tiny car (maybe a suzuki) 3cylinder turbo, the turbo was about the size of a beer can, im sorry i didnt write down the car make and model, those tiny turbos are out there somewhere

Was is a Daihatsu Charade?

3786676203a5948219023l.jpg

This is a mate of a mates car, ive never actually met him or seen the car but its a turbo chraged 3cycle engine.

redcali

Reaction score
yeh, and it produces boost off a 3 cyl engine not a single cyl engine so would still be a waste of time, might aswell put the car engine into the gokart, or stripping the panels and making the 500kg rolling chassis you have left a go kart.

theres a reason these engines arnt turbocharged and it was said above. its far better/cheaper to buy a bigger engine then to turbocharge a small one.

Pyrotechnic

Reaction score
Did you see the "supercharged" one the same guy built ?

start

pop....pop.pop........pop......dies

restart

pop..pop......pop.....pop...pop..pop....dies

oh yeah, thats some BIG power right there. I'm still calling hoax on this guy.

Now, using a smog pump as a supercharger on a small engines is possible. I have read about several people claiming for it to work. Just on theory, it does seem to hold water.

d311_5uxor

Reaction score
wait a minute kibble, you folks actually have bragging rights with something created from a lawn mower engine? i almost sht my pants laughing at that one

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Nah, dude. I'm saying that if somebody DOES manage to make something like that, whether it works or not, can say that they actually did it/tried it. How many people can raise their hands and say that they've attached a turbo to a lawnmower engine? I know I can't. You'd be more likely to get a response if the question was: "How many people have crapped their pants?"

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I looked it up, interesting, gives me an idea! :idea2:

Now tell me, have you ever crapped your pants? JK! you don't have to answer that one. :ack2: :arf:

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Well actually... *ahem* I mean, eh never :D

I'm gonna try and hook up a nitrous kit to mine :p

Status
Not open for further replies.