• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Top 15 Threads as at 22/05/2020

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
So.....this thread was actually inspired by something that Brianator said in another thread regarding the top viewed threads in DIYGK history. I actually found that quite intriguing, so I thought I would do some investigation:D :wai:

As this is only going to be valid for a snapshot in time, I thought I would put today's date up in the thread title.

So, without further Ado, here are the top 15 viewed threads of all time (One or two surprised me):

1. Arachnid Build in NOLA 409,741 Views
  2. Electric motors in karts: a simple guide 304,080 Views
  3. M274 military mule half scale home build 266,045 Views
  4. My Off Road Kart project 227,650 Views
  5. Kart Rods 185,432 View
  6. DIY spindles (no weld) 163,153 Views
  7. First kart project. 156,510 Views
  8. 2013 - AusEx (AmEx Replica) 140471 Views
  9. Mini Buggy Build 124,739 Views
  10. Using Vertical-Shaft Engines 124,531 Views
  11. Viper Offroad with full suspension project log. 106,512 Views
  12. How was your day too....two? 101,145 Views
  13. Websites for Go Kart Parts 99,736 Views
  14. Gas power wheels jeep 99,718 Views
  15. 5hp Briggs And Stratton Governor Removal 97,574 Views

Just for #$%ts and giggles, why doesn't everyone post a thread that helped them out a lot when they joined the forum :thumbsup:

mckutzy

Reaction score
Thanks landuse.. I did a bit of a look the other day...
Not so much a self promotion, but yes it was a genuine help for the build and to improve the build...
Alot of critical information from a good lot of us still present here on an regular basis..

My build, top views of the bike/trike forum..
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5461

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks landuse.. I did a bit of a look the other day...
Not so much a self promotion, but yes it was a genuine help for the build and to improve the build...
Alot of critical information from a good lot of us still present here on an regular basis..

My build, top views of the bike/trike forum..
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5461

Your bike build is still one i often send people to :D

It is a good one

mckutzy

Reaction score
It happens....Next youll know youll get a name like PAFR or talking off about bringing out the Adamantium Jackshafts.... Not just one maybe even 5 of them......

Dem some ol' timey talk from back in the day here on the forum....
You trendsetters crack me up.......;)

mckutzy

Reaction score
Edit: WOW what a trip this has been... ahh, yes the good ol days....
Edit 2: I want to thank you for such a comment to bring up a notable thing of our past here on the DIYGK.... It really made my day to look up some old threads and really get a laugh of The times, The people and The places of the past....
This is why I stay, and come back on a daily bases...In a short word.....Good times...

Back in the day... There was this young dude.. who's..... "Style"(obviouslly lack of a better word) is something to behold....

FreeRunner15 is his name and we suspect that was also his age at the time...
His views on safety and methods of construction earned him a nickname called PAFR... or Pulling A FreeRunner....
Some other hobbies include smoking skoal and drinking everclear....

Notable, he did a test run about in his cobeled together kart going 58mph, hand on throttle, no brakes.... and actually lived to tell the tale on a vid that... low and behold is still there....(apparently he still lives and breathes to this day.... )

Here is some other interesting facts of this man...
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/search.php?searchid=7688019

Also his channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/minorpyro69/videos

...and his famous ride to prove us wrong...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZWPvAyQehk

mckutzy

Reaction score
Oh.. I do remember something like that...
He wasn't here long at all... But ya it was interesting..

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Lol you guys...

I'm going to go through those myself, some of them sounds really good! Does Freerunners build sound familiar to anyone else's? *hint hint* Mr.Mccrib. Not that I want to encourage him to try and break FRs speed record! Lol

But yup, this forum is awesome! There's a real sense of community here and not much in the way of flame wars which is refreshing. I spent 3 weeks scrolling through page after page and browsing EVERY thread I could find on CVTs in "go kart discussion" and "engine and clutches" as research for the Champion 6.5hp powered ATV (1987 Suzuki) I was building and ended up signing up afterwards! I don't own a kart but I started feeling obligated to (excuses I know...) hence my entry in the 2020 build off!

I really enjoyed reading 'Sids posts as I was wandering around, that fella is very knowledgeable and I hope he comes out of hibranation soon! It's been a great ride for me around here and I'm glad I've inspired something memorable for you "old timers" to take a nostalgic trip to yesteryear! :cornut:

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I would really like to see the thread if it has one!

That is indeed a thread here on the forum :D :D It was so long ago that i might have to do some serious mining to try dig it up. Give me some time

PAFR was a saying that lasted here for a very long time. Those definitely were the good old days!! :D When Poboy was still Poboy, OzFab was still around, and when Doc Sprocket wasn't Doc Sprocket. And Bighead with his cool builds.

And Sid (Alex) will be back soon. I am also trying to get used to this "New Normal"

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
"Real home-made project" by Freerunner15. Sounds just like budget wooden go kart! Lol.

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31783

"Official go kart build"

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31916

I'm reading through some of his threads and they're hilarious! The guy is getting ripped on from every angle and just seems to shrug it off!

Nearly like a current someones build :D :D

Freerunner was quite a hoot. There was even a vid up of him doing drugs or something or other. Quite the character:wai:

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Bring FreeRunner Back.
Make GoKarts Great Again!!!
Think his YouTube channel was Speedy212.
Last I saw he was snorting everclear and welding up a diy intake for a turbo on his car or something.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Ahh yes.. good ol days...
Them speedy and FR posts really made the day go by.. too bad they just didnt make it long...

And speaking of good ol days....
Hey Bob... long time no hear.... Hows it going...

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
And speaking of good ol days....
Hey Bob... long time no hear.... Hows it going...

All’s well. Don’t have any of my toys any more. Gave my buggy to my nephews who ended up selling it. My minibike got stolen from my storage unit along with my power tools. I’ve still got various parts laying around. I’ve still got my electric start / charging Hemi 212 with electric fuel pump.
I’ve got a TC with various pulleys, springs, and weights. I’ve been off work for over three months and probably looking like another month at least.

I’d like to build another mini with my time off. Always wanted to put this engine and TC on a MB200-2. But don’t really have the space to build, store, or ride toys at this apartment.

Went to Florida for a while a few weeks back. Otherwise been taking it pretty easy. Trying to expand my knowledge base watching YouTube videos on just about anything. Really enjoyed the Turbo smart car series PFISpeed did. Trying to beat the stock market on a day by day basis. Eating way more food than I should. Started balcony gardening. Planning my escape from Chicago....

How are things North of the wall?

And to keep things relevant to the thread topic...
My first engine thread “Hemi build #1” documented the whole process of me learning about small engines. Without that engine (that thread) I would never have learned to lay sh!tty welds. I would have never learned how to fix lawnmowers and snow blowers. I would never have been confident enough around engines to perform my own tune ups on my car. So my thread was most helpful to me. I did gather a lot of info from Bobs Karting forum and OMB forum.