tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
i have a one wheel peel type gokart and with a predator 212 with a redneck stage one kit. it does about 40mph. I like to ride in my yard. But over the winter I have used my driveway but I am running studded tires because there is snow they wear out super fast I got the from amazon. what is the best 3.5-5 tire?

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't help you with tyres, but I just wanted to ask about your current ones wearing down. Because I don't get snow here, I am interested in what you say about tyres wearing down riding on snow. How does the snow wear down tyres?

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that sentence is just a mess Paul ;)

that way around:
I like to ride in my yard.
But because there is snow over the winter I have used my driveway
but I am running studded tires they wear out super fast

over the winter he used the driveway because of excessive snow in the yard
(less to no snow in the driveway)
but studded tyres wear out fast on asphalt...

at least that way around it'd makes sense, no?

Tyres: you get what you pay for.. if you buy the cheapest 2ply tyre, it'll last from noon to 12pm
so get a quality tyre instead (some known brand 4ply perhaps)

and just to get it out,
if you like doing donuts, drifting or just the smell of burned rubber when accelerating /braking.. you will have to pay for that joy with fresh rubber every now and again ;)

'sid

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that sentence is just a mess Paul ;)

that way around:

over the winter he used the driveway because of excessive snow in the yard
(less to no snow in the driveway)
but studded tyres wear out fast on asphalt...

at least that way around it'd makes sense, no?

Tyres: you get what you pay for.. if you buy the cheapest 2ply tyre, it'll last from noon to 12pm
so get a quality tyre instead (some known brand 4ply perhaps)

and just to get it out,
if you like doing donuts, drifting or just the smell of burned rubber when accelerating /braking.. you will have to pay for that joy with fresh rubber every now and again ;)

'sid

Gotcha! That definitely makes more sense :D

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
so Landuse my driveway is kinda small for my kart and I have to spin the tires and drift to turn around. It is a lot of fun when it's not -13 Fahrenheit. That was the temperature yesterday morning. what's it like in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa?

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
so Landuse my driveway is kinda small for my kart and I have to spin the tires and drift to turn around. It is a lot of fun when it's not -13 Fahrenheit. That was the temperature yesterday morning. what's it like in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa?

What is the temp like here at the moment? :D It was 34 degees C (94F) on Saturday and yesterday was 35 (95F).

We are in the middle of our summer here so things can get a bit spicy :D It is also our rainy season with thunderstorms galore

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
lucky! no driveway shoveling for you for sure. What's the record low temp there. here in Wisconsin the record is -55 F. -48 C.

Last edited:

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
lucky! no driveway shoveling for you for sure. What's the record low temp there. here in Wisconsin the record is -55 F. -48 C.

I think I would die at -48.

Where I am, the record low is probably about -2 or so. In winter when it gets really cold we will have frost on the grass in the mornings. There are places where it does snow here in the country, but they are pretty much all high lying areas and not really near any major cities

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Here in North Texas, the record low is something like 28 F. :cornut::roflol:

And summer temps regularly pass 100 F, sometimes up to 110 F, with about 100% humidity, and absurd swarms of mosquitos. Fun!

Oh, and we keep getting mid 70s temps in the MIDDLE OF FEBRUARY! :huh:

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
where should I buy 18" tire rim assy with 4x4 nut pattern for the spider karts tarantula, or any other axle/ drive train parts. I already have the axle though.

Status
Not open for further replies.