Tires and bearings help!

Reaction score
I updated my engine on my second yard kart while I wait for the welder. He responded today.

Attachments

• 0FC74BD2-CC08-4F7F-A825-3EB25ECD4468.jpeg
    0FC74BD2-CC08-4F7F-A825-3EB25ECD4468.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Are none of you in northern Cali
Must be starting to get cold up there, makes for harder starting. Personally haven't been there since a time when global warning was completely unknown by most. Sacramento for 1 year and 3 days before coming back home to Florida. Only got down to 32 degrees or less just 3 days out of that whole winter. Anywhere North of there though, even just as far as Redding, it's a whole other weather profile.

Reaction score
The people in CA are actually in opposition to the government here. The Gavin Newsome recall was a sham. It isn’t run by any of the state’s citizens. Big Tech and special interests keep Nancy Pelosi and Gavin Newsome in office. That in turn is costing the rest of the country hyper inflation. It’s not Californians, its big tech and special interest. Most Californians are brothers and sisters in arms if it came down to it.

So I replaced the carburetor and the air intake and the spark plug. I did not change the jets or prime anything. When I get it to go on it sounds nice but it only works for 15 seconds and then even while giving gas it turns off. I have new oil in it and have disconnected the low oil intake. Also, I drained the gas and put new gas in when changing the carb. Any ideas? I’ll post a picture and please let me know if you think of anything.

Last edited:

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I just keep all my engines stock. If I need a bigger engine I buy one. This way they are as reliable as an anvil and won’t leave me stranded in the woods.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
When I was in Sacto back then Mather Air Force Base was a Strategic Air Command base, and I lived nearby. Lots of nice people around there, but most all Sacto folks my age seemed to be about 2 years behind Florida folks in maturing.
Oh, the Thunderbirds air show team worked out of Mather, and I knew them all from coming into my restaurant. Then they all followed their leader right into the desert. Pancakes for a last meal.

Reaction score
Researching welders and grinders now. I want to learn. Going to buy the Milwaukee 2883-20 and an entry level Yeswelder machine on Amazon. Any tips or suggestions? Remember I’m going to weld spindles on the front of the blue kart and on the rear of the other kart.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
That Milwaukee 2883-20 is an 18 volt (Milwaukee brand battery) cordless grinder, requiring their charger, and I firmly believe in having a 2nd battery (also theirs). I have several 18 volt Ryobi (One-Plus series) devices, and a grinder isn't one of them.
Because of the huge cost savings in not duplicating batteries and chargers, most quality cordless devices now use interchangeable batteries and chargers. You should be very sure that Milwaukee is the brand you want to keep on buying when adding to your series of devices. (You will add.)
My set started with a 1/2" hammer drill, a charger, and 2 batteries. Now it includes a sawzall, a 3/8" VSR drill, a 3/8" impact driver, a 5 1/2" circular saw, a worklight, another charger, and 2 more batteries. Be very sure you want to pay the costs for the Milwaukee brand series.
Here's the only grinder I use, and I'm currently on my 3rd one of them. Destroyed the 1st one's bearings myself, basically burned up the 2nd one as also kind of my fault, 3rd is doing great..................4.3 Amp 4-1/2 in. Slide Switch Angle Grinder (harborfreight.com)

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
About the welder: Having the TIG function added to a stick welder is a nice bonus, but only if you buy the required accessories to use it............
A big argon bottle, a pressure regulator, a flowmeter, and for mine the whole hose and head setup for the welder. Lots more money. Mine is a little portable Klutch 80 amp stick welder with the TIG function I don't need, came from Northern Tool, now sold as an Ironton.................
Ironton ARC80 Stick Welder with TIG function — Inverter, 120 Volt, 20–80 Amp Output | Northern Tool...................Get any stick welder you want, just don't under any circumstances try to learn how to weld using a common fixed shade welding helmet. Get an auto-darkening one, and stay with it forever. Mine's also from Northern Tool, has adjustable shade value from cutting to 12 welding.................
Ironton Variable-Shade Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet with Grind Mode — Black Flame | Northern Tool

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
ya I live right outside of kankakee about 30min away if that and thats not all that far from chicago.
Your lucky Chicago people do not want to go to Kankakee so it’s not to bad. Where I live now they all have summer houses and are jerks who think it is your job to serve them.

FlyFrog

Reaction score
google hopkins park and pembroke, i live ~3min away and i have all that rif raf and i have to deal with kankakee and burbonais

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
It’s been a lot of years since I have been out that ways. I used to street race in Manhattan, Monee, Peotone, and Bourbonnais about 1988-92.