Tires and bearings help!

FlyFrog

Reaction score
Ok I think it’s called “The Orang Box” on PS2. Tell me you have a go cart at least.
Yes i have a go kart lol, 2 matter in fact, a klipper kart and a home made, i also have a murray track 2 mini bike and 2 dirt bikes, a china bike (flywing mx 100) and a kawwaski klx 110L then a mini bike frame and a gocart frame

Reaction score
Dang! Sweeet! Post a picture or two of the go karts and mini bikes while we wait for the dude on here to measure his front spindles barrel height!

Reaction score
With that 1.77" spindle barrel, and not having a welder, your best bet for spindles right away is to get something ready to bolt on like the link below that has a 2" barrel. You can take a grinder with a metal cutoff wheel and shorten the barrel to fit inside of your spindle brackets. Worry about adapting it for ackermann angle later, when you get a welder or have someone weld it for you. I'll measure how much free space there is on my MFG spindle barrels tonight, let you know if there's room to cut them down to 1.75", cheapest answer for new spindles.
Spindle Right - Straight | 01765 | BMI Karts And Parts
Did you measure yet? :)

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
No reason you can't cut and grind 1/4" off the MFG spindles. In fact you should be able to choose the top or bottom, probably easiest on the bottom. I recommend smoothing the raw sharp edge off so it doesn't cut the very thin bushings that go inside the barrel. Pretty much the best price for spindles, no welding needed this way, and a pair of new spindle brackets left over when done.
If unsure whether to get 3.75", 4.5", or 6" axles, there's nothing wrong with cutting some pipe to slide over any extra axle length so your axle nut has something to torque against. You just have to have all the extra axle length be outboard of the wheel hub, not inboard of it. The further out the hub rides, the more likely it is to bend the axle.
Pick your wheel hubs first, and decide whether to get them for 5/8" or 3/4" axles.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Yeah, you'll at least something resembling tierods to steer it. Attaching a pic of tierods while still rough and unfinished, testing phase experiment stuff. Something crash-level strong that you can't buy from anywhere. What you see is 3/8" aircraft grade tierod ends..............
................... Aircraft Female Tie Rod End (3/8-24 ) | 420022 | BMI Karts And Parts ................(partially) welded to 5/8" allthread, that's slid into 1/2" EMT thinwall conduit, also welded to the rod end. In the middle of the tierod the 5/8" allthread screws into a 5/8" coupling, as does another 5/8" allthread coming the other way from the spindle end of the homemade ultra strong tierod setup. That way it's completely adjustable in the middle for alignment.
................so what's the point? Point is to show you that your tierods can be altered any way you wish, and don't have to be a perfect fit to your kart right from the factory. Just always overbuild if unsure how strong it has to be.

Attachments

• IMG_20210710_163030 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210710_163030 (1).jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Yeah, you'll at least something resembling tierods to steer it. Attaching a pic of tierods while still rough and unfinished, testing phase experiment stuff. Something crash-level strong that you can't buy from anywhere. What you see is 3/8" aircraft grade tierod ends..............
................... Aircraft Female Tie Rod End (3/8-24 ) | 420022 | BMI Karts And Parts ................(partially) welded to 5/8" allthread, that's slid into 1/2" EMT thinwall conduit, also welded to the rod end. In the middle of the tierod the 5/8" allthread screws into a 5/8" coupling, as does another 5/8" allthread coming the other way from the spindle end of the homemade ultra strong tierod setup. That way it's completely adjustable in the middle for alignment.
................so what's the point? Point is to show you that your tierods can be altered any way you wish, and don't have to be a perfect fit to your kart right from the factory. Just always overbuild if unsure how strong it has to be.
That’s crazy!! Unfortunately, I broke the rear axle while driving with my daughter yesterday. It was on my first, finished first go kart. My friend who I got the kart from just used 5/8” bolts and welded them on horizontally as a rear spindle. It was 8” long so I’m sure the heat broke it. That and there was a negative camber on that wheel and it had the sprocket on it. I called a local welder and he came out to my house and told me he do all my welding for free. He’s well off and doesn’t need the money so… he said he’d do the other sprockets for me that I posted on here about. On top of that he said he would teach me wielding and I could watch and come out any time. I bought 2 spindles online that are 6” and I hope they work out. What a cool guy and it was good vibes all around. His name is Indio and he’s Native American. I’m lucky my daughter and I didn’t get hurt. I’ll post some pictures tomorrow.

Last edited:

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
What a supercool friend to meet. Ask him if he ever watched "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". The "ugly" (Mexican?) guy's name was Indio, like your new friend. Came up in a later Eastwood movie.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Hey, hey, hey now!!! Absolutely no offense intended, the very opposite in fact when applying a movie reference to the great Eli Wallach. The "Ugly" was my favorite character in that movie, and has been so in some others. Not "ugly" either, movies 'tis makeup magic.