• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Time to STOMP Sid!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Who owns the rights to this photo? Name and contact info please...I told you I was looking into it:sifone:

Attachments

• foxgoboy.jpg
    foxgoboy.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 6

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
:lolgoku:

Oh well, I think I'll at least try, gimme some time.

[EDIT]
There you go..
http://www.testors.com/contact_us
The original company was HAWK, so if you want them to make sure they know what you're asking, let them know :D
Since that's a long time ago
Hawk Model merged into Testors 1970 ;)

testor is fully owned by RPM http://rpminc.com/
so if testors cannot answer your question, maybe rpm can ;)

'sid

Orange Krate

Reaction score
The correct answer is:

Round 2 LLC
4073 Meghan Beeler Court
South Bend, IN 46628

E-mail: Customer Service - Douglas Ridge
Phone: 1-888-910-2889 ext. 3
Fax: 574-243-3003

According to vintakekarts.com this model was 1960 or 61. Works that were published between 1923 and 1963 have a 95-year term, provided the copyright was formally renewed in the 28th year. If it wasn’t selling anymore at the time of Testor’s acquisition in 1970it’s possible it wouldn’t have been renewed and therefore public domain. http://homepages.law.asu.edu/~dkarjala/OpposingCopyrightExtension/publicdomain/SearchC-R.html

BUT SINCE

Hawk Model Airplanes was established in 1928 by brothers Dick (Sr.) and Phil Mates, in Chicago, Illinois. Promoted as "America's Oldest Model Company", the company was purchased by the Testors Corporation in 1970.[1][2] The Hawk Company assets were later acquired by J. Lloyd International, Inc. of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, which, in turn, sold them to Round2 LLC of South Bend, Indiana in 2013.

AND

SOUTH BEND, Indiana – 03/18/2013 – Round 2, LLC, is pleased to announce the acquisition of the Lindberg and Hawk Models brands and assets from J. Lloyd International. With the transaction, Round 2 adds these two well-recognized and historic plastic model kit names to their existing trio of AMT, MPC and Polar Lights mode kit lines, licensed from Learning Curve Brands, Inc. in 2008 and purchased outright in 2012. http://www.collectormodel.com/?s=hawk&x=56&y=15#sthash.wx5yniA5.dpbs

I’m guessing this means all copyrights have been kept in good standings. I worry about kicking open a hornets nest by contacting anyone…you know, sometimes it’s easier to ask forgiveness but since SID went and called attention to it I better be proactive.

The good news is A) They might be willing to work a licensing deal and make my merchandising plan much easier and B) I [technically] STOMPED Sid! :lolgoku:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
So you know.. good.
Congratulations, but I don't feel very stomped;
stumped maybe but for a totally different reason ;)

Anyways...
I indeed missed the part where J. Lloyd acquired Hawk from Testors.
And the little info up there was as introduced a try.

What's really strange, is that you want to sell a book but no one to see it's cover!
Honestly, I want you to stay on the safe side of things with it.
I want this to work (well not as much as you do perhaps, but I really DO!)
And thinking I'm the only one who'll notice the Fox Go Boy box on your cover, is just -forgive me- plain stupid.

A copyright infringement is NOTHING you should underestimate, they can charge almost ANY fine for any of their 'fictionary number' of sold and to be sold books at a lawsuit.
you sell the book for 12, they charge 10 for the cover art and assume you have an edition of 10,000... and there you go a 100,000 dollar lawsuit.

I drew attention to it?
I think you did by using that image in the first place ;)

'sid

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
So you know.. good.
Congratulations, but I don't feel very stomped;
stumped maybe but for a totally different reason ;)

Anyways...
I indeed missed the part where J. Lloyd acquired Hawk from Testors.
And the little info up there was as introduced a try.

What's really strange, is that you want to sell a book but no one to see it's cover!
Honestly, I want you to stay on the safe side of things with it.
I want this to work (well not as much as you do perhaps, but I really DO!)
And thinking I'm the only one who'll notice the Fox Go Boy box on your cover, is just -forgive me- plain stupid.

A copyright infringement is NOTHING you should underestimate, they can charge almost ANY fine for any of their 'fictionary number' of sold and to be sold books at a lawsuit.
you sell the book for 12, they charge 10 for the cover art and assume you have an edition of 10,000... and there you go a 100,000 dollar lawsuit.

I drew attention to it?
I think you did by using that image in the first place ;)

'sid

And didn't he ask for that information on TWO different threads? ???:oops:

Orange Krate

Reaction score
Sorry, I was just operating on low sleep and freaked out when I saw the "C" word. Yah, it's pretty active now and the new company has a heavy legal disclaimer. Honestly, I never intended to go public with that cover but I liked it so much I wrongly decided to throw caution to the wind. You're right - my bad. We cool?:cheers2:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I was just operating on low sleep and freaked out when I saw the "C" word. Yah, it's pretty active now and the new company has a heavy legal disclaimer. Honestly, I never intended to go public with that cover but I liked it so much I wrongly decided to throw caution to the wind. You're right - my bad. We cool?:cheers2:
We're cool!:cheers2:
I honestly wish you the best of luck;
I'll keep my fingers crossed that they didn't renewed the copyright in 1988.

'sid

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
At what time did all Americans wear either two left shoes, two right shoes, or one of each?

BTW- Despite the tongue in cheek title- I meant this to be an open trivia thread for everyone. ....

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Somehow the name Heisenberg pops up in my mind..
maybe because I'm uncertain about your question, maybe because I'd love to say:
Braking!

'sid

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Somehow the name Heisenberg pops up in my mind..
maybe because I'm uncertain about your question, maybe because I'd love to say:
Braking!

'sid

Nope, Heisenberg has nothing to do with it. This is about right and left, not right and wrong- (as in "Breaking Bad"). Weren't we just talking about your confusing the two? :lolgoku:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, Heisenberg has nothing to do with it. This is about right and left, not right and wrong- (as in "Breaking Bad"). Weren't we just talking about your confusing the two? :lolgoku:

No you got me wrong (not left) ;)

So I am still uncertain (as in heisenberg :D) if you mean
wear (as in clothing) or
wear (as in galling) or
wear (as in carrying)

Since we call brake pads 'brake shoes' around here (for example on a std bike brake)
I though it might be the second option ;)

I'll wear my shoes when braking. (as in slowing down)

but yes, I only wear two left (or two right) shows if my brakes are badly set up...
maybe this is where braking bad comes in :D

'sid

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
:funnypost:
No you got me wrong (not left) ;)

So I am still uncertain (as in heisenberg :D) if you mean
wear (as in clothing) or
wear (as in galling) or
wear (as in carrying)

Since we call brake pads 'brake shoes' around here (for example on a std bike brake)
I though it might be the second option ;)

I'll wear my shoes when braking. (as in slowing down)

but yes, I only wear two left (or two right) shows if my brakes are badly set up...
maybe this is where braking bad comes in :D

'sid

No- I don't know if you are kidding about braking bad or not- but just in case- "Breaking Bad" is an American TV series about a chemist turned dope manufacturer, then dealer, then all around bad guy. I've never seen the show but apparently Heisenberg was one of his heroes and they make " Heisenberg" tennis shoes with the star of the show on one and Heisenberg on the other.

Let me rephrase the question to make it more correct. At what time time did all Americans (who owned shoes) have a pair of rights or a pair of lefts and wear (as in on their feet) one of each?

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
While I'm waiting to see if anyone can solve the last question, I have one for you and you alone sid-( no one else is allowed to answer this one riddle. )

How do you keep a German know-it-all in suspense?

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
While I'm waiting to see if anyone can solve the last question, I have one for you and you alone sid-( no one else is allowed to answer this one riddle. )

How do you keep a German know-it-all in suspense?

:lolgoku: nice try ;) (I'll tell you next week)

Yes, I know the tv show (Boy 80% of the show is like watching paint dry. IMHO)
That's why I though it'd be a funny coincidence, that I thought of braking (slowing down) but was uncertain about the meaning of wear in your question.

With your newly rephrased question my answer would be:
the moment they bought a pair of shoes and carry it home.
One pair in the bag, on pair on their feet,
two lefts , two rights, one of each on their feet.

(except for amputees.. some of them wear only one shoe on their one foot ;))

'sid

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
:lolgoku: nice try ;) (I'll tell you next week)

Yes, I know the tv show (Boy 80% of the show is like watching paint dry. IMHO)
That's why I though it'd be a funny coincidence, that I thought of braking (slowing down) but was uncertain about the meaning of wear in your question.

With your newly rephrased question my answer would be:
the moment they bought a pair of shoes and carry it home.
One pair in the bag, on pair on their feet,
two lefts , two rights, one of each on their feet.

(except for amputees.. some of them wear only one shoe on their one foot ;))

'sid

Tell me now- the suspense is killing me!

I don't think anyone is going to get this- so I'll go ahead and give the answer:

Before the Civil war. Before the Civil war, shoes were not made in rights and lefts but the same. So in the morning, if a man was getting ready to put a shoe on his right foot- he had a pair to choose from. If he was going to put one on his left foot first- he had a pair to choose from. Once both shoes were on they became left and right shoes.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
#1 April (in areas where daylight savings apply it's an hour shorter ;))

# Oh boy, that's hard.. I think that was an october in the midages... some pope declared oct 5th to Oct. 14th (or something) to be non existent that year to correct for added calendar errors.

[EDIT]
yes Oct 1582... Pope Gregor XIII

'sid

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
#1 April (in areas where daylight savings apply it's an hour shorter ;))

# Oh boy, that's hard.. I think that was an october in the midages... some pope declared oct 5th to Oct. 14th (or something) to be non existent that year to correct for added calendar errors.

[EDIT]
yes Oct 1582... Pope Gregor XIII

'sid

Nope- good guess though! April is correct, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.