This got me thinking. Where do you keep your karts?

c-gar

same as it ever was
Reaction score
as posted on Craigslist
2006 Birel - $2900
this 2006 birel frame shifter kart is super scary fast, 130+mph scary!! motor is a 94 ktm 300exc, new build top and bottom. rode dirt bike for 2 hours, took motor off and had a fabricator make the motor mount and shift rod for the shifter kart chassis. i still have the 125cc tm racing motor that blew in 7 hrs. they are very expensive motors! if you think this kart is priced too high Google shifter kart chassis or shifter kart prices, these things are very expensive new and used. It was geared to do 0-80mph and back to a complete stop in 8sec for the atl track with the 125cc motor, but would do 100mph with other gear I have. I am in no hurry to sell even though its just sitting in my living room. its hard to get in and out of the house so I haven't rode in forever. motor has no more than 3 hrs total. 1st picture is with the 125cc tm motor when i first bought it, 2nd picture is with the 300exc motor as it sits now. blown TM Racing 125cc engine is included if wanted. they are high dollar!!
2006 Birel.jpg
:idea2:
laundry room.jpg
living room.jpg

Well, at least it has been stored indoors.

Mine is kept in the garage where my car used to be.

mckutzy

Reaction score
That's why I don't have gokarts... They don't fit through the door..., I ride bikes... They barely fit through the door..

Above... Won't hurt much on a 2stroke engine, but you'll have to completely drain the motor every time you put it away on a 4...

c-gar

same as it ever was
Reaction score
Above... Won't hurt much on a 2stroke engine, but you'll have to completely drain the motor every time you put it away on a 4...

What about the coolant and gearbox oil? I'd be wary of leaks when at awkward angles more than anything else.
Note the living room picture has cardboard catching some drips under it.

KartFab

Reaction score
i used to keep everything in my garage, then i turned into a hoarder, now my garage is full and i have frames rotting in my back yard that i swear i will fix up and sell one day. I even take the engines on the karts on 'hold' and put them in my garage, while the frame sits in my back yard.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I keep my toys in the same place I keep my tools. In my kitchen.

Attachments

• bachelor-life-is-****ing-awesome_o_3737775.jpg
    bachelor-life-is-****ing-awesome_o_3737775.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 21

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I keep my toys in the same place I keep my tools. In my kitchen.

These utensils are misplaced. The Queen would not approve. Also unless the poptart is BSC, it is invalid.

Attachments

• Z0w3-xhcpEx_.JPG
    Z0w3-xhcpEx_.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 7

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
My karts stay under the "invisible" car port in front of my garage and are covered with tarps. I'd move them inside my 20x38 garage if I had some space, but there is just enough space for my minibike, pressure washer, and edger while leaving enough space for me to barely walk around without tripping on stuff. I have actually found three of the exact same tachometers in one of the boxes out there. If you're wondering why this is like this, it's because my dad was the one who organized everything. And his idea of organizing is some things on shelves, and then a pile for everything else.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Kool kart.
Will say that it is stored in a better place than mine.
(back porch, covered thank goodness)

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
These utensils are misplaced. The Queen would not approve. Also unless the poptart is BSC, it is invalid.

All hail the Brown Sugar Cinnamon!

After stumbling upon these some time back, I now buy nothing else. Everything else tastes artificial and cheap.

In fact I've got a store brand (generic) that is better than Kelloggs.
Plus buying Kelloggs these days is like supporting that arsehole neighbor you despise.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
My storage and working space. Really storage for the 4 tractors 5 karts and countless other things in there. Karts are my fault and tractors and othe stuff is my dad's.

Attachments

• 20190614_154406.jpg
    20190614_154406.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 21

Hellion

Reaction score
On the left is camera mode, on the right is phone mode. Learn it, live it, love it!

Come on fellas. There's old farts on this forum who have no issues with orientation.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
That's the weird thing.
I've used the same system for dozens of photos, and then one decides to flip. *shrug*

Hellion

Reaction score
Back to the thread topic, I've often considered something like vertical storage for karts since they take up so much floor space.

Anyone have shelves or some kind of 4-point pulley system that could hoist and suspend the frames off the floor? I've seen them for bicycles.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
I’ve been storing them in the garage, but just bought an enclosed trailer for the go karts. I have to peel the lettering, but I got a good deal so it’s worth it.

Attachments

• 610B3EA5-928E-4B7A-9401-82DA44E08A7C.jpg
    610B3EA5-928E-4B7A-9401-82DA44E08A7C.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 24