Thinking of New engine for go kart any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowebil

Reaction score
But Does anybody Know if a car muffler is quiter than the original snowmobile muffler

I'm pretty sure a car muffler would be more quite than a snowmobile muffler.

I'm not asking you directly to buy this, but curious to know if I can ever sell this to someone who is building a go-kart.

I have a racing go kart engine. I used to race Microstock in 2003. In about 2004, I had gotten my engine rebuilt by a kart shop that is HIGHLY known around where I live. The price was $900 and mostly has everything replaced, with an electric start. The engine is a Briggs and Stratton Raptor III. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78hp7lVGVxI

My friend's Father had a dyno that he made himself and tested my engine. It was slightly more powerful than my friends Raptor, which constantly won first place ever since he was little, so much they thought he was cheating and kicked him out. They could not prove that he wasn't cheating, and his engine was still purple plate restricted.

So it is a very powerful engine. I'm not looking for you to buy it, but I am looking for another area outside of racing (since I can't find online communities) that I can market to and sell to.

Would someone who is making a fun kart be interested in a $500 engine like that? I know I won't get $900 out of it (it's never been raced prior and I have receipts!) but it is sitting in my shed and taking up room. I want to get rid of it. I can't find a racing go-kart community so it's impossible to sell there. I thought maybe I will make a yard kart out of the old go-kart body, and then thought "Or, I can see if I can sell it to someone who is building a yard kart!"

So do you look for racing engines, or are you geared more towards gasoline engines? This runs on ethanol (and asks that you change oil every race, but that is raceway etiquette basically lol). I only assume that everyone on this board looks for something more cheaper and not so 'professional.' It is like buying a 2 million dollar jet and putting the jet on the kart.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Welcome Rowe, I see your of the sort that know his stuff. You will fit in well here.

Oh and IBTL.... Means : In before the lock.

(Now +2 ;) )

rowebil

Reaction score
Welcome Rowe, I see your of the sort that know his stuff. You will fit in well here.

Oh and IBTL.... Means : In before the lock.

(Now +2 ;) )

It is a nice forum lol. I was thinking about taking my old Microstock frame and making it into a yard kart. I'm not sure if I'd keep the roll cage or cut it off. The kart sits SO low to the ground, barely an inch. So hm not sure.

Maybe I'll become pretty active on this forum!
Rowe is my last name, so good job!

rowebil

Reaction score
I'm into gasoline engines because other fuels like ethanol is hard to find and expensive were I live

I understand! That is probably why I should sell it to racing people and not yard kart enthusiasts. I think everyone on here is more into gasoline engines. I just thought maybe I can find 'go kart forums' and see if they had a thread for 'sell your items here!'

Status
Not open for further replies.