Thinking of New engine for go kart any ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushking19

Reaction score
Go Kart With Snowmobile Engine

Lately I've been thinking of putting a new engine on the go kart and putting my old Briggs on the other go kart or putting racing parts in my Briggs and turning it to a Briggs and Stratton animal. Any body have any ideas on what engine I should put on it, I was thinking of a snowmobile engine, again, but too much risk I'll have to think it through more.

carter

Reaction score
:useless:

If you're looking for some good horsepower I'd say take a honda and put some upgrades in it. Keep in mind you really don't need THAT much power, I saw a guy who took a honda GX610 and slapped it on a kart, and had so much power he broke the hub his sprocket was mounted on. With a 10hp engine and a CVT I can do about 40, which is honestly fast enough when it comes to a regular go kart. I mean there's always the search for more pwer, but there comes a time when you need to work on the kart first.

EDIT: especially after seeing that frame, I'd say you want a stronger frame before any more horsepower.

rushking19

Reaction score
I want to use it for street use and I want it to be fast and sound cool, right now I'm thinking of putting a snowmobile engine on it and finally make my dream engine

gman3850

Reaction score
why rebuild this frame it looks pretty solid. just leave that motor on there and sell it as a running kart and build a new one with the money. If your gonna build something build it from scratch to your height and what you want it to do

Scout

Nutjob
Reaction score
What is the budget? A 212 Predator on sale, ($99) plus about $130 in parts put my kart to going 34 MPH (up from 18, stock flathead Briggs) Add in another $160 and I bet I can hit 40 mph. Ok, so that's $389, but it would be a lot better than the $500 my friend spent for a stock Tecumseh.

Status
Not open for further replies.