There She Blows

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Still waiting on the front wheel, the seat, the front fender, …but I’m trying to figure out how to construct the frame.

The lower rails are like 1/8” thick 1.5” x 2.5”. They should be fairly strong. They’ll end up being 36” long.Then I suppose a couple pieces of iron of some sort doing an upward Flying V (quacks duck together) pointing to the steering neck. An angled tube setting the rake. Some more iron coming off the neck going towards the rear tire. Some bracing in the vertical plane. Some bracing in the horizontal plane. Still have no idea how Im going to accomplish any of this or which materials. Still thinking it might be easiest to take a minibike frame (kit?) and raise it up and weld it to the lower rails or something.

It is appropriate living room decoration for a single guy having a midlife crisis. Lol

BTW, I ended up returning those old Jack stands that were recalled by harbor fright. These are the ones they gave me as a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_4515.jpeg
    IMG_4515.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4518.jpeg
    IMG_4518.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_4519.jpeg
    IMG_4519.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4520.jpeg
    IMG_4520.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
There are precise angles involved, so…
I think I liked 35 degrees off the vertical from the side and 23 degrees off the vertical from the front. I’m guess I’m going to have to do some rise / run measurements.

20” / 14” from side
20” / 5.5” from front

so I guess what I’ll need closer to 55 degrees off the horizontal from the side and 75 degrees off the horizontal from the front.

Attachments

• IMG_4548.jpeg
    IMG_4548.jpeg
    800 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4549.jpeg
    IMG_4549.jpeg
    755.4 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
If there’s one thing I remember from high-school geometry (or is it trigonometry) is SOHCAHTOA

Use with right triangles…

SOH
Sine = opposite / hypotenuse

CAH
Cosine = Adjacent / Hypotenuse

TOA
Tangent = Opposite / Adjacent

Then I need a calculator to use the inverse functions. Make sure your TI-83 is set to degrees instead of radians.

sin ^-1 ( opposite / hypotenuse) = Theta
cos^-1 (adjacent / hypotenuse) = Theta
tan^-1 ( opposite / adjacent) = Theta

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 1

Rat

Reaction score
Still waiting on the front wheel, the seat, the front fender, …but I’m trying to figure out how to construct the frame.
Personally my suggestion would be to look at full size motorcycle frames, custom or otherwise but hardtails specifically... then adapt the design to accommodate your engine layout (jackshaft?) and wheel size... rough guesstimate ⅓ scale maybe ½ at the largest.

I do know that the head studs on the PTO crankcase cover side of the block are pretty much the centerline (same as the base mount holes on that side) of one of these engines fully assembled with a Tav2 hanging off 'em

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
I was only kidding man, I’m sorry. I won’t do it again.
I carry ones for fun, but for a green card I’ll sum em up real nice.

How’d you get that scar on your face? Eating pi?

Your data is so polluted that I can’t even make a spreadsheet with you.

-ok I’ll stop

Attachments

• IMG_4552.jpeg
    IMG_4552.jpeg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Personally my suggestion would be to look at full size motorcycle frames, custom or otherwise but hardtails specifically... then adapt the design to accommodate your engine layout (jackshaft?) and wheel size... rough guesstimate ⅓ scale maybe ½ at the largest.

I do know that the head studs on the PTO crankcase cover side of the block are pretty much the centerline (same as the base mount holes on that side) of one of these engines fully assembled with a Tav2 hanging off 'em
I’m playing around with a few jackshaft ideas.

Are you talking centerline being halfway from end of the driver pulley to side recoil cover? It’s about 14” across. It seems halfway (7”) is about where the spark plug is. Are you talking center of weight distribution?

I liked the way it is with the driven pulley just outside the lower rails.

Here’s a pic of the dark side of the moon.

Attachments

• IMG_4558.jpeg
    IMG_4558.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6

Rat

Reaction score
I’m playing around with a few jackshaft ideas.

Are you talking centerline being halfway from end of the driver pulley to side recoil cover? It’s about 14” across. It seems halfway (7”) is about where the spark plug is. Are you talking center of weight distribution?

I liked the way it is with the driven pulley just outside the lower rails.

Here’s a pic of the dark side of the moon.
Weight mostly, but that's not a fair figure to work from with a charger stuck to it.

I also forgot That yes the spark plug is pretty close to the physical centerline on a full stock with the cvt driver mounted, but I've done a recoil delete on my shroud which moved the physical centerline over more inline with the left headstuds and deck holes

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Weight mostly, but that's not a fair figure to work from with a charger stuck to it.

I also forgot That yes the spark plug is pretty close to the physical centerline on a full stock with the cvt driver mounted, but I've done a recoil delete on my shroud which moved the physical centerline over more inline with the left headstuds and deck holes
My back has been hurting, and still missing a wheel so not much progress has been made.

I was thinking somerhing like this might be useful. It seems to be the shape I want. Not sure the dimensions. I think it says Harley FLHTC or something in the listing. With some added bracing in the rear, it could be something.

Attachments

• IMG_4610.png
    IMG_4610.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 4