Hello everyone ...First timer here!!!! Have a question on a Tecumseh engine..... Here we go......I picked up this mower the other day for free thinking I could fix it and have a free mower ...HA HA HA !!!! Tricks on me!! The mower blade hit somthing very hard and broke the blade adapter and bent the blade. I pulled all broken pieces off and tried to start the motor it backfired through carborator jerked the pull cord out of my hand and ripped off 3 fingernails...ouch!
I figured the timing was off so I pulled off flywheel and found keyway was sheared and replaced with a new one. Put mower back together thinking that everything was good, gave it another good pull to start and ripped off last 2 fingernails...
Tore motor down to look at eternals to see if maybe timing was off inside and found all timing marks lined up and good nothing looked broke or displaced inside the motor. Put everything back together and still firing before top dead center and trying to rip my HAND off. Anyone out there with any ideas....the free mower is turning into the project from
!!!
Thanks for any help that you might have for me.
I figured the timing was off so I pulled off flywheel and found keyway was sheared and replaced with a new one. Put mower back together thinking that everything was good, gave it another good pull to start and ripped off last 2 fingernails...
Tore motor down to look at eternals to see if maybe timing was off inside and found all timing marks lined up and good nothing looked broke or displaced inside the motor. Put everything back together and still firing before top dead center and trying to rip my HAND off. Anyone out there with any ideas....the free mower is turning into the project from
!!!Thanks for any help that you might have for me.
Thanks
Thanks for your time .....and i will let you know the out come 
near impossible with engine still intact. If it is known that engine was never disassembled, valve timing won't need to be checked (unless it's Over Head Cam).
If it throws the blade....need I say more?