superkart entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff87

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
This is my shifter kart build in progress. Found an old Legend dirt chassis and rebuilt a 85 lt250r motor. It's a non powervalve 250cc 2 stroke with a short stroke and big bore(63mm x 72mm) with a 5 speed. Cylinder work was done by Greeley Automotive Machine my local machine shop.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190924_185157371.jpg
    IMG_20190924_185157371.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20190918_202428568.jpg
    IMG_20190918_202428568.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20190729_235352551.jpg
    IMG_20190729_235352551.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 25

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
163
Location
Texas
7) New entries must NOT be more than 50% completed prior to entry! If you have been building, please post some photos showing the build. We don't want to penalize anyone for being ambitious! But we do want to see the build process. Pics of the steps. Previously completed builds or lightly modifying builds for the contest will not qualify. As part of qualification, contest entrants will post a picture of the major parts source(s), including a sign showing the commencement date and code word.

Looks like you're way past 50% done with your build.
And you need to have a sign with the passphrase(Thunder) with your parts pile in the pics to have any chance of being allowed to enter.
One of the mods will chime in with their opinion soon.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Looks like an awesome kart, though!
 
Last edited:

Jeff87

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Ok. Figured I'd see if my superkart could enter. Just saw this website a this morning. But I'm already just down to mounting radiator, modifying exhaust, adding front brakes, and hooking up controls. I built one 100% homemade last year that inspired this one but it definitely wouldn't be able to enter. Before that was a drift trike which inspired me to build the kart. And I recently I 100% completely restored a vintage 2stroke quad, which gave me the idea to find, rebuild and put a 250 2stroke ATV motor on a race kart frame. No clue what I'll do next.
 

Attachments

  • 20170928_121019_HDR.jpg
    20170928_121019_HDR.jpg
    434.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20181223_131138888.jpg
    IMG_20181223_131138888.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20190711_193327452.jpg
    IMG_20190711_193327452.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 15

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
I split that from the announcement thread, since it does NOT belong in there at all ;)

And yeah, it looks to be almost done by now,
and that disqualifies you I'm afraid.

we want to see the build as it progresses,
since that's most of the joy of DIY ..

if you tear it all apart once more (painting and such)
maybe you get a good parts pile pic with the required sign.
(if you do, start a new thread in this forum and it will be checked)

this one is a "no" I'm afraid.

'sid

PS if you want me to move the thread to another forum (say introduction, or general build area, drop me a line)
 

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Messages
2,468
Reaction score
132
Location
North West Arkansas
Ok. Figured I'd see if my superkart could enter. Just saw this website a this morning. But I'm already just down to mounting radiator, modifying exhaust, adding front brakes, and hooking up controls. I built one 100% homemade last year that inspired this one but it definitely wouldn't be able to enter. Before that was a drift trike which inspired me to build the kart. And I recently I 100% completely restored a vintage 2stroke quad, which gave me the idea to find, rebuild and put a 250 2stroke ATV motor on a race kart frame. No clue what I'll do next.

Been a long time since I’ve seen a Tecate. That was the golden age of quads in my opinion. I raced an LT250R, a Banshee, and a Fourtrax 250R back in the day.
Nice work on the builds.
 

Dugy40

New member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
I love the trike.

Ok. Figured I'd see if my superkart could enter. Just saw this website a this morning. But I'm already just down to mounting radiator, modifying exhaust, adding front brakes, and hooking up controls. I built one 100% homemade last year that inspired this one but it definitely wouldn't be able to enter. Before that was a drift trike which inspired me to build the kart. And I recently I 100% completely restored a vintage 2stroke quad, which gave me the idea to find, rebuild and put a 250 2stroke ATV motor on a race kart frame. No clue what I'll do next.
Very nice
 

Jeff87

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Been a long time since I’ve seen a Tecate. That was the golden age of quads in my opinion. I raced an LT250R, a Banshee, and a Fourtrax 250R back in the day.
Nice work on the builds.

Most people don't even know what a Tecate is.. Its still to this day one of the fastest, smokes stock 450's n runs with the banshee's. It was a lucky find. $35 box of rusted parts on letgo. Was originally just going to use the motor on my kart until I realized what it was. Took 6months of searching to find parts. A lot of parts I made myself. Then I found this 1985 lt250r motor for my kart. Trying to find a complete oem ignition.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

Very nice

Thanks. I actually built trike from an old bicycle, some scraps of steel I found, harbor freight motor, old go-kart tires with PVC pipe from a construction site dumpster. It cost me next to nothing. Saw one on Facebook and had to try it

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Cool! :thumbsup:
Most of us here would do just about anything for a collection like that!

Anyone can have a collection like that. Trike was literally built from scraps someone threw away. Quad was a pile pieces in someone's backyard. Kart was built on hopes n dreams... Dream it up n hope it works. It's all trial and error and a lot of "well that didn't go as planned" moments until u get it figured out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top