stretch pocket rocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
Hey new to the sight. just stated a new project. decide to customize my sons pocket rocket plans go as followed
Streching the rear 6'' buiding a swingarm for it.
Going with a chopper style frontend so bring the front out by 9''
Rasing the clip-on up about 3''
Gas tank will be under the seat
Will have have front and rear foot pegs
i know dont look like much but in my head i know my
son is going to love the style.
will post up some pictures tonight of it.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score

here is a few pictures just using some scrap metal to get an idea of what im going for first day on project will be showing more as time goes on.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cool project! keep the pics and the descriptions coming!

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
ok fist day of working on bike everything went wrong.
welded up the rear swing arm was off about a 1/ a inch rear spocket hits the swing arm frame.
try to blend it out a little weld broke. back to the cutting and welding to try again.

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
day 3 alot better here is where i am at now

need to find a chain that will fit now,hook up the exhaust build the tank and so on. will keep you guys updated on the min rocket chopper.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
LOL, had to read the first post over again to figure out what was going on and why some parts of it looked commercially made and others home made.

Looking good though!

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
im liking what im seeing. keep up the good work lol. possibly a longer front end to give it that full on chopper look? or u still want it to be functional

gustopf

maniac
Reaction score
looks very nice, should be a crowd pleaser haha, any clue who makes them dang things, we had a few people in last year trying to order parts. and no one seems to know who made em :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
yea i know chain is going to be long going to have to put two chains together and buy two master links. Over all chain size is about 14 inches longer

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
ordered chain wensday and ordered two master links trying to figure what to do with the gas tank how to make it .

gustopf

maniac
Reaction score
maybe mount it in the back, and look around for like a riding tractor tank, with like 2 gallons, you could cruise for hours :D your son would get tired before he ran out of gas

ironman

I'm Back!
Reaction score
heres a update on the bike.
Tank has been moved to the back rear wheel adjusters been put on .
Have to wait to mount brake calipers until i get the chain in.
Added on a pipe for the exaught

know starting to work on a seat design

jr dragster T

Reaction score
I bet that exaust sounds good but be careful 2 strokes need back pressure or else your just loosing power trying to gain some with a straight pipe. And i heard lack of back presure is hard on the rings and stuff maybe Russ could explain this theory?

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Straight pipes in general arent good for 2 strokes,The best exhaust for them is an expansion chamber.Like this:

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
One of the easiest ways to boost power on a 2 cycle engine is to improve cylinder scavenging by way of exhaust system. Expansion chambers work best. The reason is easy to see (crazycarts post).

A straight pipe helps a little and won't hurt at all, but, efficiency is diminished by a few percent (unburned fuel exits pipe).
Next to expansion chambers, a long tapered megaphone works best for me, and, again won't hurt. Noise levels are really impressive too...and I do mean Impressive.
Most of the time I just use an over sized 4 cycle muffler on a short pipe to appease the neighbors.
4 cycle engines are much more prone to damage than 2 cycles. Zero exhaust back pressure can ruin valves and eventually will burn valve seats. Won't hurt 2 cycles...just wastes fuel.
Back in the '60's we used to run Clinton Panthers with exhaust just pouring out of the exhaust port. Looked really awesome at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.