- Reaction score
Yes, I am not sure what route Im going to go. I may grab a box out of an ATV or something that can handle the powerAwesome build. I've purchased the plans and reviewed them, and I'm getting ready to buy parts to build one of these for my 8 year old. Hoping to have some of the basics sitting under the tree like wheels/tires, axle parts, steering, etc... to get us started.
I'm curious about a few things:
* Do you ever wish you had reverse (I'm considering adding a forward/reverse gear box as well as a torque converter)
* I'm considering going with 20x10-10 wheels/tires rather than the 18x9.5-8., Do you think I'd run into problems with steering (maybe easily modded by lengthing the nose and extending the arms further out)? I may also go with a 22"x7" tire up front on a 12" 4on4 trailer rim, and also planning to update the spindles to the 3/4" ones from BMI.
* Did you buy your spindles or build them yourself?
* I saw that you widened the chassis cab area, would you also consider lengthening it? (I doubt I'll be able to drive this thing at 5'11" 250, but I'd like my wife at 5'8"/125 to be able to ride in it comfortably).
* Is it possible (and are you willing) to share the plans you drew up?
You will have a harder time turning at low speeds the larger the wheel
The spindles are from BMI karts. Get the 3/4" version and buy the sealed bearings!
Not for me I'm 5'3" LOL
I can send you STP files
18x9.5-8 with knobby tiresWhat size tires and rim did you go with? looking to start this myself next week, just bought the plans and the square steel