speaker help for electronic illeterit hillbilly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
ok guys well i got a 200w sub hooked to a kicker sub powered by a xbox 360 power supply well that works great and playing bass tests i can rattle my house... well thing is i dont wana f up the sub playing the higher frequencys through the sub.... so how on this earth do i hook the other crap up? i got 2 sterio speakers id like to use a car door speaker and another sub thats 1000w that i got plans for once i get a bigger amp for that...

so any help?

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
if you read it right which you did yes! lol i got the subs hooked up now i need to figure out the high frequecy crap so i dont blow my subs out

bajagokart

Reaction score
Um what I would do if I were you lol is use a car deck as a reciever or see if you could use a home reciever to hook all you crap up too! Idk why you want to hook up a car stereo in your house but w/e lol they do put out more power than house systems I guess gaga but ya I would actually say since it is a car stereo use a car deck since that is what it is made for

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
deck? lol well i got the amp hooked to my computer and i already made this little switch board so i can switch between my sterio and my computer for playing the crap with my sub......... so i dont really want to use a car radio to run this thing.... the only thing i have troubles with is hooking up extra speakers so i have high freaquency soudns instead of it sounding like a dog turd..

bajagokart

Reaction score
And I should add when you have your car deck, what it does is puts the lows through your subs, mids a low highs through your main speakers and puts highs through your tweeters! That should get rid of the highs going through your subs

bajagokart

Reaction score
That's what a car deck does man, you can run a aux cord from your computer to the deck then it won't soun like dog poop! Lol dude until you get some form of reciever is gunna sound bad sorry lol

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
yeah i wasnt gona go with a 1000 w amp id rather not blow the sub...
ill have to talk to my freind bill and see what hes got that i can buy off him for cheep and see if he can help me hook this crap up....

bajagokart

Reaction score
but do you get what im saying tho dude? a car deck serves the same purpose as a home receiver! it put the frequencies where it needs to be so you don't blow crap. when you have a aux plug in on a deck you run that directly to your computers stereo or you can get an 8mm to RCA cable adapter for your 360 or however you game and listen to music and such and run it that way

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
A car deck wont power your subs, thats what amps are for. I guess your best bet your be running a car head unit (deck, stereo, whatever) to power your mids and tweeters and run your amp just for your sub.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
alright well the 360 is out of the question lol im just using the power suply..... i got some pictures of what i got ill post em here

i made another thread bout this a while ago in the summer but i cant find it anymore....so bare with me cause i got no idea what half this stuff means ahahah

Attachments

• SSPX1151.jpg
    SSPX1151.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 4
  • SSPX1152.jpg
    SSPX1152.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 2
  • SSPX1153.jpg
    SSPX1153.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 2
  • SSPX1155.jpg
    SSPX1155.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SSPX1156.jpg
    SSPX1156.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
and dante im confused can you draw me a diagram for that? if i get a diagram ill be a ok! but right now its hook blaaa blaa blaa to your blaaa blaa blaaa

bajagokart

Reaction score
did i say that a deck powers you subs? of course not thats why in car stereos you always have 1 amp or 2 for your speakers and then 1 for your subs, a deck just acts as a receiver and directs frequencies

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Naw a 4x50 should power a couple door speakers fine, any more than that and a different amp is in order.

Kyle, you said your amp has speaker level inputs right? can u get a pic of the back of it with all the connections? If it does you could get a decent home stereo amp for your normal speakers/tweeters and then have your car amp for your sub. Actually you could probably just run the RCA cables from a home stereo amp right into your sub amp.

bajagokart

Reaction score
thats what i suggested he could do, all im saying is that his sound would be alot cleaner and louder oif he used a second amp, if he got a bigger amp for his sub he could even use the old amp that hes using now to power his speakers

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
but this amp would blow those speakers to **** wouldnt they? can i just hook up some kinda resistor on the lines to the spkears but then leave the ones goin to the sub open or should i get what my freind sujests and get a sonic maximizer?

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
ok i just played with some of the knobs on it and it pretty much removed the bass and just played it like normal... so yeah idk bout this but there a way i can do something with that?

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
oh yeah i played with it more and now i figured out its got a x over switch i put it to full got bass and good sound then i turned it to lpf and got bass only but then i put it to hpf and got mostly the lyrics and higher stuff.......... lol im just thinkin out loud right now

Status
Not open for further replies.