speaker help for electronic illeterit hillbilly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveon

Reaction score
I'm actually into car audio also, you should see the looks I get when they see a 40 year old man rattling their cars:furious2::drool5:

anderkart

Reaction score
Here's my 50 watt amp and 8 12's

Hey Daveon if you ever need a bassist, I got ya covered man.

anderkart

Reaction score
how is two full stacks only 50W? i think thats more liek 1500W lol cuase those marshall cabs put out at least 1500W

A tube powered 50w guitar amp driving a pair of 4x12" cabs can be so loud it'd make your ears bleed.

He's actualy got 1 full stack there. (1 amp + two 4x12's = a full stack)

Marshal 4x12 guitar cabs are usualy rated to handle somewhere between 140 to 300 watts depending on the speakers instaled. And they dont put out anything, they receive power from the amp.

Some big Bass guitar cabs are rated as high as 1500w. Bass guitar amps typically have 4x to 10x the power as guitar amps so Bass cabs are almost always rated higher.

anderkart

Reaction score
4-string Fenders, usually play my 99 P-Deluxe but I got a prety sweet 69-Precession with a 77-Jazz neck too.

Those Ampeg SVT's are both tube powered 300w/rms but can peak closer to 600 each. (loud as 1000w solid-state) Either rig on its own can make my pant legs flap or vibrate the whole room and make the girls go all squishy inside. ;)

Syndr0me

Reaction score
Dude, if that amp was ment for subs (a 1-channel amp or maybe a 2-channel bridge to 1 for sub usage) it most definitely positively has a LPF (Low-Pass Filter, google it!) setting on it. All amps come standard with one. Thats whats going to split your frequencies. Adjust is accordingly!

brendonv

Reaction score
Didnt read any of the other posts but to set when ur amp kicks in you need to adjust your crossovers on your amp. There should a lil screw saying cross overs, turn that.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
i got all this stuff figured out now thanks anyway i got a new sub 200 w kicker sub with a 200w jenson amp.. powered by a xbox 360 power suply.

brendonv

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good for a home setup. In my car i got:
A pioneer deck (Ipod connection), Jaycar response splits, Alpine v12 4 channel amp, and a 12" JL Audio W1V2 sub. Sounds real nice.

Syndr0me

Reaction score
Not to brag buuuuttt... I haz

Headunit: Pioneer DEH P880-PRS
Front Stage: Diamond Audio D3 D363.5 6.5"Component
Front Amp: Titanium Amp 800.2 2 ohm stable
Bass: 1xTFone 15" 2ohm DVC
Bass Amplifier: 1xHifonics Brutus Bxi1608d 1600w RMS
Powerhouse: 1xOptima RedTop R34

Note, Vid is old, had old deck and such.

Syndr0me

Reaction score
whats with the taco on 3000
thats just stupidly unnessercery
but u can never over do on that so still frickin cool

wat? lol

*EDIT* OOHH the Tach, the taco, LMAO, was so confused. bass broke it, car wasnt even running when i filmed LOL.

*RE_EDIT* Oh and, running a TAC at 3K is the limit for more bass race events. Sometimes 3.5K. This allows the alternator to reach high enough RPMs to produce a charge. adding and extra 30AMPs (depending on ALT of course) from the alt @ 14v giving you a 420Watts "extra". So no, not useless at all, my system does run louder with car on w/ revs. battery i have has an RC (Running Current) of 90Amps @ 12V car off, 14V car on. Approx max of about 1.2KW + 400ish watts with amp revving.

So to conclude, My car cant even generate enough kilowatts to get it all up to max (Bass amp + Front Amp)

Rotore

Teh SPIK
Reaction score
i got all this stuff figured out now thanks anyway i got a new sub 200 w kicker sub with a 200w jenson amp.. powered by a xbox 360 power suply.
atta boy! 1 xbox ps = sub and amp with 2 yyou can add thee head unit and 4 speakers
Hey Daveon if you ever need a bassist, I got ya covered man.

dude u should dj at the bbq were having this weekend there'll be food, beer, food, liqour, beer and sexy as$ latinas all over the place... watchu say man?

Status
Not open for further replies.