Some more of my toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

msrfan

Reaction score
Here's my old go kart and a couple other things I've made or acquired over the years. My great grand daughter loves all of them.

Attachments

• DSCN8058.jpg
    DSCN8058.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN8059.jpg
    DSCN8059.jpg
    699.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN8061.jpg
    DSCN8061.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN8055.jpg
    DSCN8055.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN8056.jpg
    DSCN8056.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN8057.jpg
    DSCN8057.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN8062.jpg
    DSCN8062.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN8063.jpg
    DSCN8063.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 6

msrfan

Reaction score
The red car is a carnival ride. It was pulled around in a circle with a few others full of kids. It has 10'' solid tires with the front ones on casters. It's cast aluminum. I love the lines. Going to fix it up one of these days. The American pickers bought the whole ride on an episode a few years ago. I got mine from a friend who got it at Hershey years ago and gave it to me for helping him restore his bumper car.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

The car with bicycle wheels was made for her dad about 25 years ago. And I made one for his dad (my son) about 45 years ago. They're chain drive pedal cars. This one is upgraded with a differential, electric horn and retractable seat belt. I use exercise bike pedals with straps on them so their feet don't slip off. I put a floor board on it until she decides to pedal it instead of me pushing her around.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
On the subject of bicycle wheels, those cars/karts people make with "bicycle wheels" are very interesting. 'Call em CycleKarts.

You ever think about getting into those?

I would, if I had the space and wherewithal.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Great, another hobby idea that I didn't need to see. Has anyone noticed that space seems to be the biggest restriction on us. I had to clean out a spot in my garage to fit my minibike.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Great, another hobby idea that I didn't need to see. Has anyone noticed that space seems to be the biggest restriction on us. I had to clean out a spot in my garage to fit my minibike.

:lolgoku:
I have to work on and store my go kart on the back porch!

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
My garage is so full i have started to store my engines outside because i ran out of space also now my back yard is too. my coleman ct200u is shoved behind ojr chicken coop a grill and a cabinet .

msrfan

Reaction score
Some more toys

Stuff I made.

Attachments

• DSCN8072.jpg
    DSCN8072.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN8071.jpg
    DSCN8071.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN8075.jpg
    DSCN8075.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN8081.jpg
    DSCN8081.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN8070.jpg
    DSCN8070.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 4

msrfan

Reaction score
I like the cart in the fifth image above. Do you have plans for it?

I made that in the 70's using bolted together bed frames. Rear axle is 3/4'' rod mounted through pillow block bearings on the frame and threaded on the ends. They screw into 20'' bicycle wheels. The front is homemade steering using channel iron and all thread with brake yokes. for a tie rod. The steering wheel is a valve handle from the oil fields mounted to a piece of water pipe. I used a cut up fiberglass chair for the seat mounted on a simple plywood floorboard. The motor is an old Ford starter motor with a cut down shaft and small pulley attached. It's belted to a large pulley on the rear axle and tensioned by a turnbuckle. 2 car batteries under the seat wired parallel supply power by pushing on a wooden foot pedal mounted with a hinge pressing on a continuous duty solenoid. This project was short lived because it had no throttle control and would only go around the block once before it needed charging. Wrong type of motor and batteries for an electric vehicle. Had tons of torque and no control. It was live axle and would twist and scrub while turning stripping the threads on one wheel without a differential. So I made it a peg leg drive and put my very young brother in law on it. It stood up and spun him in circles scaring the crap out of him. The last straw was when I tried to ride in my back yard. The solenoid stuck on and it wheelied across the yard into the fence and the batteries fell out the back with me on top of them. It was fun while it lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.