Set a Governor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKA1234

Kart In Progress
Reaction score
Just wondering, how do you set the governor of a small engine? Isn't there a screw or something that you can adjust?

Oh, and if you have pictures, please post them.

TKA1234

Kart In Progress
Reaction score
Pretty sure it's an internal. Depending on how fast the kart I'm working on goes after it is tested I may have to adjust it, and I'm not going to be using a transmission with different gears.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
Wait hold on you want to govern your speed right? Or the engine Revolutions per minuet? They both will govern your speed but if you just bought a engine it should be set to go already governing the rpms at 3600. what speed do you want and what kinda clutch or torque-a-verter?

TKA1234

Kart In Progress
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to get the kart to 15 MPH, I live in a residential area and I'm not going to be going 30 mph on a sidewalk.

I'm going to be using a snowblower engine with a clutch installed. It doesn't have different gears (like first, second, third gears). I'm not sure what kind of clutch is installed in the snowblower - I haven't torn it apart yet to extract the engine.

All I know is that it still runs when you're not holding down the bar to make the blade move.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking and just get a normal clutch for the engine with say a 10 tooth sproket and a 70 tooth on the axle with number 41 chain that should be good enough. also if you dont wana go as fast....let off the gas so this way you can go on the road when no one is around and haul!

skid20

Universal Remonster
Reaction score
make a clamp for the throttle or the gas pedal to limit the speed and take it off when you wanna go faster.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
just tell them unless u want to have a push rod in your back DONT RIDE THE GAS. it should sink in when you tell them they can be paralyzed for the rest of there life if they do not obey.

freakboy

the names 'mater
Reaction score
they wont belive that? then tell them if they blow it there buying you a bike or sled engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.