Sequoia Electrathon Racer

Functional Artist

Reaction score
It was brought to my attention that:

1.) The way the center pilar is mounted to the dash bar could cause the dash bar to buckle (in a roll over)
...potentially injuring the driver
...&/or "pinning" the driver in the c*ck pit :huh:

2.) Looking around, that center pillar could get annoying (especially for a hole hour) :ack2:

So, after a bit of thinkin' I removed the center pillar
SAM_1846 (1).JPG
...& installed a couple of A-pillars ;)
SAM_1909 (1).JPG
* Notice how the A-pillars are connected to the side bars
...& now, pretty much independent of the dash bar :thumbsup:

Ya get in thru the roof opening, just like an F-1 racer:sifone:
SAM_1910 (1).JPG

Attachments

• SAM_1906 (1).JPG
    SAM_1906 (1).JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Well, what do ya'all think of this solution? :unsure:
SAM_1976 (1).JPG
I'm thinkin' about maybe addin' a 1/2 moon (~8" long x ~4" tall) "gussett" across the entire 5-way junction
Here is another view
SAM_1977 (1).JPG
Rear view
SAM_1978 (1).JPG

Functional Artist

Reaction score
I would have done something more like this:

View attachment 146847
Hey Ez,
I thought about it
...but, the rules require the roll bar braces to connect to the top of the roll bar

4 ROLL BAR
1. The roll bar must protect the driver's head/helmet in the event of a roll-over. It must be tall and wide enough to do this considering the full range of possible movement. (See drawing.)

2. The roll bar structure must be triangulated with at least three legs or panel equivalent. Triangulated bracing can be either forward or rearward.With three legs bracing must extend from the top of the roll bar and securely attach to the vehicle structure, with four legs, each of the braces must extend to within 4" of the top. Any roll bar that is constructed from more than one continuous piece must be reinforced and braced triangularly from all junctions/joints in addition to the top.

3. The roll bar structure must appear to be sturdy enough to withstand the vehicle being dropped, upside down, from an altitude of one foot, with the driver inside without failure. MAX 4' MIN 2' 4 WHEEL CYCLE-CAR TRICYCLE

4. The driver’s helmet must be below a straight line drawn from the top of the roll bar to the top of the highest structural point when the driver is securely belted in driving position. (see drawing)
P A G E 6

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I think this is cool as all get out, a great build and a really well done chronical of your ideas, thoughts and work.

How-eva'!! If I was the inspector with those rules in-hand I would get out my big red marker and go like this:

1711546298565.png

Functional Artist

Reaction score
I think this is cool as all get out, a great build and a really well done chronical of your ideas, thoughts and work.

How-eva'!! If I was the inspector with those rules in-hand I would get out my big red marker and go like this:

View attachment 146873
That’s what I think too.
Hey guyz,

It was pretty clear that "that" was a weak spot, that is why I mentioned:

"I'm thinkin' about maybe addin' a 1/2 moon (~8" long x ~4" tall) "gusset" across the entire 5-way junction"

Kinda like this (8" x 4" x 1/8")
SAM_1981 (1).JPG
Positioned accross the junction, kinda like this
SAM_1983 (1).JPG
Welded in place, like this
SAM_1984 (1).JPG
IMO it looks pretty F'in "beefy"
...& now, I don't think ya could break 'er off...even if ya tried :2guns:
SAM_1994 (1).JPG

Functional Artist

Reaction score
The original plan was to just weld the swing arm mounting bracket to the lower rear cross bar
...but, after thinkin' about it a bit more, I realized that there wouldn't be any way to adjust the angle of the rear wheel or "track" (if necessary)
...so, I came up with an adjustable solution :sifone:
SAM_1988 (1).JPG
This way "if" the "track" of the rear wheel is "off" (shouldn't be)
...but, "if" it "is" we can now, add "shims" under the appropriate bolt :thumbsup:
SAM_1990 (1).JPG