Scrap trike (possible drift trike) build

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
It runs and rides like an absolute dream! I went around the block and ya know the little 3hp with a camshaft and mods has it. Plenty of power the thing is actually a blast. For scrap I just impressed myself on that trip around the block. I got the whole thing built and went to pump up the tires finally one has a big hole! Luckily the spare streaker tires fit saved the whole project. 6EC9BDFD-A8A3-45BD-8463-739F06543543.jpeg8C4E8097-3401-4FC9-B3C6-660219EECB91.jpeg970CBA53-E041-46F7-8071-1B6AA935FCF3.jpeg0397FD5F-DA19-4872-B79E-98EFA4E5F8C4.jpeg

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
It runs and rides like an absolute dream! I went around the block and ya know the little 3hp with a camshaft and mods has it. Plenty of power the thing is actually a blast. For scrap I just impressed myself on that trip around the block. I got the whole thing built and went to pump up the tires finally one has a big hole! Luckily the spare streaker tires fit saved the whole project. View attachment 137959View attachment 137960View attachment 137961View attachment 137962
Nice! I do have to say, that over spray on the tire is pretty painful 😂🤣😹🤪

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I’m sure you’ll be up till 3 am working on something… or do you have work tomorrow? This thing looks like a blast!
No I wish I had work tomorrow lol they cut pensions and shut the factory down... I didn’t have a pension there but the people that did I can only chuckle at... big company needed those workers pocket change? The :censored: they did..

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
No I wish I had work tomorrow lol they cut pensions and shut the factory down... I didn’t have a pension there but the people that did I can only chuckle at... big company needed those workers pocket change? The :censored: they did..
🤬 that company, shutting down another AMERICAN factory, probably to move to China... So you're looking for a new job?

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
🤬 that company, shutting down another AMERICAN factory, probably to move to China... So you're looking for a new job?
No jobs... we had three massive factory’s all within less then half mile of each other shutdown. one shut down many many years ago and the two just shut down not long ago within months of each other. there are very few places to get jobs and just recently two massive factory’s worth of out of work workers with no skills (worked there from highschool and are now like 54yo) are scrambling for any of the last jobs available. You want this job good that room has 30 other people in it. be the last person standing after hand to hand combat and the job is yours :roflol:

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
No jobs... we had three massive factory’s all within less then half mile of each other shutdown. one shut down many many years ago and the two just shut down not long ago within months of each other. there are very few places to get jobs and just recently two massive factory’s worth of out of work workers with no skills (worked there from highschool and are now like 54yo) are scrambling for any of the last jobs available. You want this job good that room has 30 other people in it. be the last person standing after hand to hand combat and the job is yours :roflol:
Man, I'm sorry about that, hopefully you can get a good job. I'm a bit of city boy down here, and there are lots of entry level jobs, like fast food, and we can't get enough workers. All the mills shut down years ago, and some are just rotting. My town used to be a mill town, 10-15 minute of driving you see 4 old mills, 3 of them repurposed for other uses, one rotting, and an abandoned factory or something next to the railroad. Every day I drive by it's like seeing the shadow of the past, when America was self sufficient.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Where I grew up in Whiting Indiana we had steel mills, machine shops, and dozens of manufacturers for different industrial parts and equipment. Now all gone! Only part of one steel mill left. Even 2 electrical power plants closed up.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
Where I grew up in Whiting Indiana we had steel mills, machine shops, and dozens of manufacturers for different industrial parts and equipment. Now all gone! Only part of one steel mill left. Even 2 electrical power plants closed up.
This is a bit of a sad conversation, but a good one. My town is in decent shape all things considered, but it’s not industry. It’s all stores and restaurants and such. I don’t even know where the nearest machine shop is. There is one place that interests me more than all around here, mostly because I know nothing about it. It’s a bit of a junkyard, but some more interesting stuff is in there than some junkyards. Mostly 80’s 90’s 00’s pickups and SUVs, but there’s a C3 ‘vette, and other stuff I can’t get a look at. It has an old sign, Crystalwood, but online I can’t a thing. I guess I’ll have to look harder and talk to some people. Sorry for the off course rant.

BaconBitRacing

Reaction score
I found this from 2012 Google street view, if any brace souls would like to call it. The sign is a hecka lot more faded now. You probably wouldn’t get an answer, now half the number has fallen off so it’s safe to assume this place is defunct. The question is, what happens to those cars?Image 5-5-23 at 12.17 PM.jpeg

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
Where I live we have an industrial park with a couple small businesses in them 5 miles from my house, low wages $12/18 typical and crappy conditions. Drive 6 more miles into town and it is typical $7/20 an hour wages if you can do what they want.

I have been driving 41 miles one way for 28 years now, where I work had one place a Hardees, now it is busy, 25,000 folks have moved into the area in 3 years!

More than 1/2 of jobs are medical, not exactly what a 55 year old machinist can do