• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Score!... I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
Score!... I think + other stuff I buy...

EDIT: I'm changing this thread to be a continuation of the original. I am fairly new to karts at this point, and I still get excited when I get new stuff (if you don't, it's probably time to quit, eh?). Anyhow, instead of starting some random new thread every time I get excited about new parts/karts/bikes/engines... I'll just throw it in here.

It may possibly be helpful to some who are like me... slowly building up their arsenal sf skills and parts. Growing up into hobby karting. This ish is fun.... especially if you're just a big @ss kid like me.

I got these for $23.59... I think that's a pretty dang good deal!!

Now to finish the frame and everything else so I have something to attach them to. Heh.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385080342234.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385080342234.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 43

OzFab

Reaction score
YOU THINK? THAT'S AN AWESOME DEAL! :thumbsup:

Ironically, a package arrived for me this morning; a set of 4 slightly used 10x4.00/5 wet tyres for the AmEx, $30 delivered :wai:

Attachments

• IMAG0281.jpg
    IMAG0281.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0282.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMAG0284 (2).jpg
    IMAG0284 (2).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 6

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
Your deal was better... but I'm still stoked. Now I just need a set of tires for $30 to go with these wheels.

Know anyone? ;) :p

EDIT: jk... I know they won't fit :(

OzFab

Reaction score

danssoslow

Reaction score
Both of those deals are absolutely unheard of. Good on you guys!!!

Just be aware you might run into spindle issues with those wheels, Oxymoron; they appear to be metric.

rocketkart

Reaction score
i once got a 1989 polaris trail boss from the scrap yard for $80. took it home cleand the carb run like a dream. it was in good shape no rip in the seat cover or brakes in the plastics just sun worn/faded and tires in good cond. sold it 2 week later for $600.

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
Both good deals indeed. I'm pretty happy right now :) Sweet deal on that engine too! I almost got a brand new in the box GX390 for $75. I suspect it was stolen. When I asked where he got it, he got all sketched out and said he had to go. It was at a local flea market. The only place I know of that sells those off the shelf locally, is Jack's Small Engines.

If I have too much trouble finding spindles, I guess I'll just make them. Or.... make a drawing, and have my buddy Dan make them for me from aluminum at work in the machine shop :)

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Both good deals indeed. I'm pretty happy right now :) Sweet deal on that engine too! I almost got a brand new in the box GX390 for $75. I suspect it was stolen. When I asked where he got it, he got all sketched out and said he had to go. It was at a local flea market. The only place I know of that sells those off the shelf locally, is Jack's Small Engines.

If I have too much trouble finding spindles, I guess I'll just make them. Or.... make a drawing, and have my buddy Dan make them for me from aluminum at work in the machine shop :)

Sounds like a plan..... hey wait- what???? Make a drawing and have your buddy make aluminum spindles???? :smiley_omg::surrender:

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan..... hey wait- what???? Make a drawing and have your buddy make aluminum spindles???? :smiley_omg::surrender:

LOL, I was thinking of the hubs when I typed that, because after I read what Dan said I looked at the picture of the wheels and thought "Those look like 3 on 2.5" about the hubs. I was responding to something no one even mentioned :lolgoku:

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
LOL, I was thinking of the hubs when I typed that, because after I read what Dan said I looked at the picture of the wheels and thought "Those look like 3 on 2.5" about the hubs. I was responding to something no one even mentioned :lolgoku:

Ah- That makes sense now. Still- even hubs should be steel or much thicker if aluminum and even then IDK.

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
Yes- See how thick they are, and keep in mind that they are built for speed not bumps- just saying-

I already knew they were that thick, lol... the kart will be mostly driven in empty parking lots, and business parks on Sundays, and probably have a max speed of 18-20mph. I know my username is Oxymoron, but give me at least a little credit :D

Ha, joking aside... I can't wait to see these things(the wheels)! Hopefully it will motivate me to hurry up and rebuild my little 97cc lifan so I can actually use the wheels :p :D

EDIT:
....... so im guessing speed-bumps are totally out of the question then..........:stir::stir:

Nice :lolgoku:

Oxymoron

Newbesque builder.
Reaction score
I think I may put bumpers on it too, since it will mostly be driven by my kids. Without bumpers, one shot to the curb will be one shot too many!

Thanks for the concern Poboy. Also, for some strange reason, your username is making me hungry :D

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
I think I may put bumpers on it too, since it will mostly be driven by my kids. Without bumpers, one shot to the curb will be one shot too many!

Thanks for the concern Poboy. Also, for some strange reason, your username is making me hungry :D

That's funny!!! The username refers to the fact I'm always broke but I had the same thought last night. I hadn't even thought about that before but I started craving one last night.

Bumpers are a good thing, especially when the kart will be driven by kids or brother in laws. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.