Saying goodbye 😥

G.W

Reaction score
Monday is likely the last day I'm going to see my mini bike. I've been toying with the idea of selling her, but I've never gotten brave enough to do it. My uncle fell in love with the thing when he hopped on it today, and he asked me if I would sell it. I told him I'd sell it to him if he takes care of it and doesn't let it sit. He agreed and we settled on 500 bucks.

The reason I'm likely never going to see it again is because my uncle is moving to Kentucky, and I live in Oregon. I really hope she's taken care of.

I took her for likely my final ride on her today. I took her around the block and hit a couple of my favorite spots for the last time.

Attachments

• 20230603_124949.jpg
    20230603_124949.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 23
  • 20230526_153136.jpg
    20230526_153136.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 24

G.W

Reaction score
You seem really ambivalent about the whole thing. I guess if you don't ride it, selling it is a good thing.

That style of minibike isn't rare, it's still being made in the guise of the Massimo MB 200.
It a Massimo carbon 6.5. I don't ride it much anymore because I haven't had the time. I k ow ots probably better that I sell it, but I've put so much time and effort into it I'm just sad to see it go.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Don't sell it then...and make time to ride it!

Tell HIM to buy a Massimo MB200 or prowl craigslist for whatever he wants.

G.W

Reaction score
Well I'm selling a few projects to pay for a good dirt bike for trail riding. My mini bike won't keep up, and I can't afford to make it keep up. I should have 1000 bucks saved by the end of the month, that should buy me a decent dirt bike. I'm currently looking at a 1976 kawasaki kd175 that's in my local marketplace for 1000

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Little Michael Jackson of the Jackson 5 said it best. “Never can say good bye girl, no, no, no, I. Never can say good bye. Even though the pain and heartache seems to follow me wherever I go there’s that very strange vibration shaking me right to the core. It says turn around you fool you know you love her more and more. Tell me why is it so, don’t want to let her go! Never can say good bye, no no no I. Never can say goodbye!”

G.W

Reaction score
I am quite attached to this bike, but he fell in love with it just as much as I did. At least I trust that he'll keep it in one piece and take care of it.

G.W

Reaction score
I didn't want to sell it to someone that would thrash it then stuff it in the corner of the garage until they decide to throw it away. That's how it was treated before I got it, then I rbuilt the whole thing from the frame up. I don't want my efforts to be waisted

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
.... I'm currently looking at a 1976 kawasaki kd175 that's in my local marketplace for 1000

Ah, a classic dirt bike. I prefer the enduros so that would be a KE175 I believe. They're all priced like they're GOLD in my area, at least the ones I find, as they're usually restored.

G.W

Reaction score
Ah, a classic dirt bike. I prefer the enduros so that would be a KE175 I believe. They're all priced like they're GOLD in my area, at least the ones I find, as they're usually restored.
Nope, kd175
I’m a Honda kind of guy.
Same here, but none around here are priced good.

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
Well I'm selling a few projects to pay for a good dirt bike for trail riding. My mini bike won't keep up, and I can't afford to make it keep up. I should have 1000 bucks saved by the end of the month, that should buy me a decent dirt bike. I'm currently looking at a 1976 kawasaki kd175 that's in my local marketplace for 1000
save up just a little bit more and finish the plan you started. My cr125 was $1,300
800F911B-CDFC-4208-8379-4446EE2D9B76.jpeg

Thepartsguy

Reaction score
I’m a serial thread hijacker... I’m also very far out in the country.. It was 3AM and I let my dog outside. I looked up and there is this dude standing on the street staring back at me.. I just went back inside and thought he was a drunk walking home from the bar. Woke back up for work and my CR80 was gone. I was dumbfounded and went to work anyway. Coworker called Off work that same morning. They stole my bike went a couple miles down the road with it and then stole a 9k machine from my coworker and the bike and his machine vanished. I found the bike on marketplace blown up in the next town over. So if you sell that mini and buy something else don’t get wreck less.. Cause the second you slip up and that bikes not locked up POOF some scumbags parting it out blown up on marketplace for ”cheap”92976F4B-E3AD-42E9-BBB7-5D436B79460B.png

Bansil

Painter of gnomes....
Reaction score
1st bike was a 1972 Yamaha MX250 around 1981, I upgraded in 1985/6-ish with a brand new in the crate, 1982 KDX175....was funny I got it for way less than 1/2 price of the new KDX200's that were out....wonder if you can still buy old in the crate new bikes?

G.W

Reaction score
I’m a serial thread hijacker... I’m also very far out in the country.. It was 3AM and I let my dog outside. I looked up and there is this dude standing on the street staring back at me.. I just went back inside and thought he was a drunk walking home from the bar. Woke back up for work and my CR80 was gone. I was dumbfounded and went to work anyway. Coworker called Off work that same morning. They stole my bike went a couple miles down the road with it and then stole a 9k machine from my coworker and the bike and his machine vanished. I found the bike on marketplace blown up in the next town over. So if you sell that mini and buy something else don’t get wreck less.. Cause the second you slip up and that bikes not locked up POOF some scumbags parting it out blown up on marketplace for ”cheap”View attachment 141196
Yup, that's a reason I'm not gonna buy anything without a title. I was already planning on locking the bike up deep in my back yard behind several locked gates. I might even drag it into my shop. It'll be tough to drag a bike into my shop though, I work out of a 10 by 20 shed 😆

rwd4evr

Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't know they were kd before kdx. Make sure you can find engine parts before you buy any classic bike. Most of the other stuff you can make work from something else in a jam.

G.W

Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't know they were kd before kdx. Make sure you can find engine parts before you buy any classic bike. Most of the other stuff you can make work from something else in a jam.
It's the same thing as the later models, and yes, parts are available