Sarge 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Those that know me may know one of my rides... the Sarge. See pic 1.

I'm off to do another project but we'll be keeping the build here for y'all to see.

Sarge 2.0... the Cyclekart. Yep. Google it, you'll see what that is.

Stay tuned.

Attachments

• user9686_pic6484_1452912115.jpg
    user9686_pic6484_1452912115.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 12

mckutzy

Reaction score
Hehe.... I like the elbow on the "blower" recoil housing...
That looks cool...
Although it looks like you'd be kinda hunched over the steering wheel, with you knees kinda in the way...
None the less.. I like it.

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Well, old school karts kind of went that way but mine were more slammed... helped in cornering & control

So...

The plan here is to build a cyclekart. Seems quite popular and there's even a yearly race or three.

Lucky for me, all the parts used (and are spec items) are the Honda gx200 or clone, 1" axles, etc.

Let's see what we can do here. The specs aren't that rough and there's numerous examples out there so I'm sure I can come up with something.

First up? Buy two 10' by 1" x 3" (1/16") rectangular beams.

Next up? Find 4 motorcycle wheels... that means a trip to some boneyards. How fun.

Just google the term "cyclekart" and you'll get the idea. Toss in Sarge as the theme... and I'm gonna go nuts.

Trick here is to keep it at spec, and weight... there's a race to go to.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
What are you gonna form the body out of? Something like this seems like you could get real creative. Wood, Fiberglass, Steel, Aluminum, Pure Gold, add 3 Unobtanium jackshafts,
This is gonna be so great!
"The Mad Cyclekartist"

mindymogul

Mistress of Destruction
Reaction score
Either some old Indian Chief rims w/ mechanical drums or the OOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDD Suzuki Indy model wheels. The '78 C500 rims have a nice look to them. I think 7/8 axle bearings. If you can find some old WLA rims and a Willy's MB grill you'd be set.

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Ah, the WLA. My absolute, hands-down favorite H-Davidson. Figure the .45 cal Thompson comes in handy for driver-texters and any other distracted imbecile in a "box" that is trying to kill you.

Attachments

• WLA-1942.jpg
    WLA-1942.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 12

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Details... What was that red thing? looks like the hood section of an old Farmall.
Needs OD green paint, lol

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Weirdly, it's the same thing sarge's is. A gas tank... except from a boat... just bigger.

So a boat gas tank, trail 90 17" wheels, front quarter elipticals, go kart front axle & such, rear solid, no suspension (as per specs), pillow block bearings, steering wheel came on a go kart, new they're 179.00. Fits it.

Yes, OD green coming soon, just gotta do my usual mock up... ya know.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
So how do you make those wheels fit a solid 1" axle are they rear motorcycle wheels?
Joking about the green, I know its early

Iron John

Reaction score
Most motorcycles use 1" axles.

KayDub, these are very, very cool! Glad I happened by!

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
This whole cyclekart thing: It's a world wide thing. Google it, there's many of them.

No offense taken man, I love the jokes.

The wheels are motorcycle wheels and there's numerous ways of making them fit the 1" axles. Want a link?

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I know exactly what he's talking about--no need for Gewgle. I try to stay away from that vile beast. :worried2:

But getting into all things go kart, it's difficult not to be exposed to all forms including cycle karts.

Attachments

• googlemonster.jpg
    googlemonster.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 6

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
concept shot (photoshop and where we're goin with this...) and other pics, where it is now.

Attachments

• DSC09485.JPG
    DSC09485.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC09484.JPG
    DSC09484.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC09482.jpg
    DSC09482.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 6
  • sarge20_R_02_mid.jpg
    sarge20_R_02_mid.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 8

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
As the "Sargette" is now.

Someone tell me something about Torque converters. Specs call for one, but what one?

Spec calls for a GX200, and the wheels are 17IN Honda trail 90 wheels. Ratios are 6:1 leaning towards 7:1 and average known speeds of what the others do is 35-40 MPH.

Attachments

• DSC09541.JPG
    DSC09541.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 11

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Looks cool. Except the "cyclops" I like the Jeep Grille it is what makes it "Sarge".
You just got a "PFC" there. lol

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Looks cool. Except the "cyclops" I like the Jeep Grille it is what makes it "Sarge".
You just got a "PFC" there. lol

Well, ya know. It had to change a bit to reach a certain theme. That being, Pre 40's. And no known racer of the sort ever, was a jeep.

It is what It is. IT's growing on me and it's pretty neat for 1 week of random work and just scraps.

That said: We're on the hunt for a torque converter that's not gonna fail. The GTX one will not function here as it will not mount correctly.

Attachments

• DSC09542.JPG
    DSC09542.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC09543.JPG
    DSC09543.JPG
    192 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC09544.JPG
    DSC09544.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 8

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Just my 2 pesos. I was trying to figure how to say it without insulting your work. You know I love your stuff. It is very neat for a week of random scrap work!
I like the way the lines lean forward like it just wants to go fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.