Sarge 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Just my 2 pesos. I was trying to figure how to say it without insulting your work. You know I love your stuff. It is very neat for a week of random scrap work!
I like the way the lines lean forward like it just wants to go fast!

You could never insult me. I call this a shake-n-bake project as I'm simply not thinking about it too much, it's just coming together the way the universe wants it to I guess.

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Question: I see torque converters installed numerous ways & angles.

In my case, it will have to have the driver gear on the outside. Is this normal? See pic 2. How is this done? Is it just a matter of flipping it around? I want to get the right one, and the right answers before I buy one.

Attachments

• comet-torque-converter.jpg
    comet-torque-converter.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 2011-01-19_16-35-55_165.jpg
    2011-01-19_16-35-55_165.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 8

Jfive

Reaction score
So I have mine on the inside of the driver. The picture of the one with the gear on the outside is homemade with two bearing points.

Don't think it would work cause alignment and space needed as the end of the tav2 jackshaft is threaded no keyway.

I'd make my own jackshaft and buy it without the plates. Might as well do a 40 series as they are cheap too.

Tom Knight

Metal fabricator/welder
Reaction score
You could never insult me. I call this a shake-n-bake project as I'm simply not thinking about it too much, it's just coming together the way the universe wants it to I guess.

Hello Kelly, I just showed up here, good to see your at sargette'.... Anything with wheels .....Tom

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I also say it's surely homemade.. the torque support I guess is not only a good idea but a requirement.
especially with a TAV-backplate (TAV 30 [stamped steel] even more than the cast TAV2 one)

Frankly: I think I'd agree with JFive and say it might be a good idea to rig up a seperate jackshaft right from the get go.
Not because of the missing keyways (since frankly.. just swapping the jackshaft itself against a fully keyed longer one is nothing difficult at all)

but because with one end of the shaft supported on the chassis and the other end supported on the engine itself, you'll most likely at one point in time mess up the alignment (either of the belt or the chain.. very likely both)
And that'll not end up too nicely I guess.

'sid

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Big changes:

Yep, it's a been a while. While DOC's been building his Weasel (and I love it), things have been progressing with Sargette.. The CycleKart.

New body (built from a beat up canoe...)

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 6

mckutzy

Reaction score
Thats pretty cool those quarter elliptical setup..... probably a bit stiff, but still cool looking..

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Reaction score
Thats pretty cool those quarter elliptical setup..... probably a bit stiff, but still cool looking..

I thought that too, but after tacking everything together, cutting and such... they'll do. I can hold the front frame with one hand, and pull up the front axle with the other hand about 2 inches... so, we'll see. If I need to mod it in the future, then that's what'll happen! I'm just seeing how far I can get with crap I have laying around.

I have a more traditional one on the drawing board. (someone might recognize it)

Attachments

• bt1a.jpg
    bt1a.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.