Sachs Minibike

Status
Not open for further replies.

denhammotors

Reaction score
After a long hiatus in building, I've built a minibike so I could put my Sachs ST96 engine to use. I tried to get away with not having a jackshaft, but the gearing was too high. It now has a 9:1 reduction, top speed is 28 mph. I had a cheapo pocket bike tank lying around, so I cable tied it on there just so I could ride it. I still need throttle and brake levers/cables. It looks like a pile of trash now, but when it's finished it should be alright.

Attachments

• DSCF0109.jpg
    DSCF0109.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF0105.jpg
    DSCF0105.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF0107.jpg
    DSCF0107.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 73

Desertduler

Reaction score
Looking Good :thumbsup:
I am glad to see a different engine on something besides a clone!
And a two stroke at that!Thanks for posting!

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
That's a cool ride...... That thing is begging for one of those aluminum round tanks mounted to the frame for fuel tho !

Kinda like this one maybe ?..........

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 22

Desertduler

Reaction score
Looks fun! I would ditch that stock air filter and use a pod foam filter with foam filter oil on the filter to get the maximum life out of that little Sachs.That filter is not one that will filter out dust.It is refreshing to see a different power plant in use! Great job!:thumbsup:

denhammotors

Reaction score
Looks fun! I would ditch that stock air filter and use a pod foam filter with foam filter oil on the filter to get the maximum life out of that little Sachs.That filter is not one that will filter out dust.It is refreshing to see a different power plant in use! Great job!:thumbsup:

Thanks, but I really like the look of the air filter. I think a foam filter would stick out and look odd. There's something very nice looking about the simple stock one.

porsche930dude

Reaction score
very cool! that exhaust probrobly isnt doing it any favors either but it looks good. Whats that drum thing on the jackshaft? not sure what im seeing there

denhammotors

Reaction score
very cool! that exhaust probrobly isnt doing it any favors either but it looks good. Whats that drum thing on the jackshaft? not sure what im seeing there

Hmm. I don't know what you mean by drum on the jackshaft. The only things on the jackshaft are two sprockets.

Turns out I had the wrong spark plug in it. The reach was 1/8" too short. :oops:
I put the proper plug in it - NGK B6HS. Not much difference in performance, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.