Rockwell 440cc and a kenbar streaker?

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
1,383
Watching beat up builds YouTube videos of the Chevy v8 gokart I have some good ideas on how to build the box extension.
What size chain is that? Hopefully not 35.
Heck 40 might not be strong enough.

Im loving this. Too much engine and not enough kart!
The original sprocket on the sled was 35 chain. I’ll be using a 420 chain sprocket. That way I can keep the 420 chain axle sprocket.

And I’m shooting for 50-60mph top speed max. If it’s any faster then that the whole axle gets dropped for a bigger sprocket to slow it down some.

And about that driven hitting the engine mount. The driven sheaves open up quite a bit but the driven is offset so the belt straightens as the driven opens. That works out in my favor massively. And knowing this helps me set it up not to shred the belt instantly.
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
1,383
Now to line up and get the engine mounted to the kart where I need it.

Remember to only lay some tacs for alignment incase stuff needs moved!

Edit: The mounts can have some trimmed off it to lower it a bit more they won’t set that high
IMG_9225.jpegIMG_9227.jpegIMG_9229.jpeg
 

Thepartsguy

Well-known member
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
1,383
Dang it bobby I didn’t get the thickness of the engine mounts correct so one mount is skinnier than the other mount. Ahh well

We got the height we needed and I’ll even trim some off so it sets just a tad lower. Of course I need to work on the surface of the steel plate a bit with a grinder to get it flat.

And a keen eye will notice the four rubber mounts. I cut the rubber off the bars and just stuck them under the blue plate.

I had two very heavy bridge iron bolts for the left side mount to the blue plate. I need to go to the hardware store to get two much heavier bolts for the right side engine mount to the blue plate. then I can clean up the mounts as needed shorten them a tad and weld them home.
IMG_9231.jpegIMG_9230.jpeg
 
Top