Rims/bearings tires and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I have 6x5-1/4 drive wheels. They have a 1 inch bore with a 1/4 keyway. Anyhow, when I went and picked up my seat yesterday I stopped at Princess Auto since I was in the area. I had planned on using 13x6.5x6 tires in the rear and maybe going with 11" tires in the front. Possibly 13x5x6 for the front. It was undecided. Anyhow I saw these cheap 13x5x6 tires and rims at P.A so I grabbed them thinking I could use the tires temporarily for the rear until I found some cheap or used 13x6.5's. $12 each wasn't a bad deal. I didn't even think of the stupid environmental fee but oh well. I had no intentions of using the rims but...... they just may work for the front. The one needs new bearings but chances are I'll replace both sets for both rims if I do use them. As you can see, the bearings won't leave much room for a spindle nut. It's like that on both sides. My question is, is will these work out even temporarily? Are there different bearings that are flat I can use so I have more thread for a nut? There is only an inch of thread on the spindle so....

should I maybe if they have them only get a flat bearing for the 1 side so that the rims are more snug?

Will these tires and rims be ok? They say on them not for highway use and tube type

Also you can see that the spindle bearing got painted. Should I use some gas, acetone or paint thinner or something to clean off the paint? I prefer to use gas if I can cause I have gas and don't need to go buy any. T.I.A
 

Attachments

  • 20160304_233814.jpg
    20160304_233814.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20160304_233853.jpg
    20160304_233853.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160304_234041.jpg
    20160304_234041.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20160304_233949.jpg
    20160304_233949.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 9

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
OK....Those are basically. Canada's substitution for HF wheels....which are well documented here.....

First off....those bearings won't last very long at all.....the tires will probably go away pretty quick too....

It's hard to say on the rims....as a matter of fact....looks like HF has changed their rims....(thought FreeRunner was playing games) ....maybe they'll hold up now.....
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I didn't think the bearings would hold up that's why I wanna replace them. I just don't know how to go about it. After buying everything else I'm skimping on some stuff just to get it up and going. I know I'm actually spending more in the long run but these will just be temporary
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Replacement is actually pretty simple..go in from the center from one side ...and offset the tool to knock out the bearing by hitting the outside ring.

It'll pop out...to replace....try to find a socket or similar to the bearings OD
... when you go to replace it.
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I know how to replace them. Was just asking about what to replace them with. Like as far as better quality. When I get home I'm gonna update my other thread. Only started a new one hoping for quick answers. Omw home now tho and I'll update my thread so you can see how my build is coming. I didn't end up getting chrome paint. Just used what was already around. Any thoughts on the painted spindle bearing?
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
I do not think the paint will hurt anything.
You can get those bearing online ebay usually like 2 bucks each.
Or any Kart supplier.
1 3/8 od 5/8 ID "High speed" bearings.
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I do not think the paint will hurt anything.
You can get those bearing online ebay usually like 2 bucks each.
Or any Kart supplier.
1 3/8 od 5/8 ID "High speed" bearings.

That's the size I'm looking for tho? It is 5/8 I'D it's 1 3/8 OD? I don't have a caliper to check
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
Thats what I did with the spindles. Worked out. I'll keep an eye out when Im ordering parts but I never see bearings in those sizes. They're usually alwas in mm. I'm not gonna make a special order for them. They're not a priority right now anyhow. Just putting it all in the knowledge bank and on the parts list
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I forget you're in Canada ....still....those should be the size...

Says the guy so insistant people fill out at least their location :roflol: . Probably half your post count is telling people to fill out their location lmao. Im having fun with this. Boring night. Maybe I'll go read freerunners thread to my youngest as a bedtine story

Anyhow. quick question. The bearings in now have flanges. But on bmi high speed bearings that size dont come with flanges. Could I just get the bearing with a snap ring instead of a flange like this?

http://www.bmikarts.com/High-Speed-Wheel-Bearing-with-Snap-Ring-58-x-1-38_p_1608.htm
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Fair enough....I deserve every kick in the groin you can give me.....you're right....maybe I can blame it on the pneumonia that's making me sleep 20 hours a day and dizzy the 4 I'm conscious....?

But yeah....those bearings are good for flanged (or non-flanged) applications.....
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
Thanks. Aww, what's wrong? No jabs back? Must be sick. You seem mopey like you lost your best friend or something. Pneumonia does suck. I've never had it but my sons mom almost died from it cause I wouldn't take her to the hospital. I thought she was just man sick and she wasn't as bad as she made it out to be. I've spent so much time I'n the hospital I refuse to go unles I'm dragged in by ambulance or unconcious and someone someone takes me not by choice. It's probably different there and you dont have the wait times we do. Guess that comes with the free health care. I bet its my fault the boy ways born 10 and a half weeks early. Bet they coulda stopped labor if I didnt think she was faking it. Cheer up buttercup. Hope you get better soon. Thanks again.
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Yep! the POBOY doesnt have much more to say after you call him out and Prove him WRONG!

Yesterday he was going to tell us how to castrate a "Steer"? LOL

But without him this forum is not the same.
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I proved him wrong? Lol I wasn't trying to. I don't even know where I proved him wrong lol. Ugh I shouldn't have took all the tape off my spindles etc because it has to be redone to clear coat. Gotta get at it soon because I'm starting to scuff and much up the bumper and nerf bars. It was bound to happen leaving it on my coffee/dinning room/ kids homework table. I'm gonna have to clear coat it inside to. I don't trust the weather here outside and I can't do it where I painted. Should be fine. I probably won't clear coat the yellow. The polyurethane is pretty tough
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
When choosing tires what should I be after? Chances are I'll be getting turf tires. Maybe not but I'm guessing so. Anyhow...... 2 ply? 4 ply? Tubeless, tube in? Most tires I've seen say "not for highway use" does that mean they're no good? Will riding mower tires be alright because that's most likely what I'll end up with.
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
Thanks. Aww, what's wrong? No jabs back? Must be sick. You seem mopey like you lost your best friend or something. Pneumonia does suck. I've never had it but my sons mom almost died from it cause I wouldn't take her to the hospital. I thought she was just man sick and she wasn't as bad as she made it out to be. I've spent so much time I'n the hospital I refuse to go unles I'm dragged in by ambulance or unconcious and someone someone takes me not by choice. It's probably different there and you dont have the wait times we do. Guess that comes with the free health care. I bet its my fault the boy ways born 10 and a half weeks early. Bet they coulda stopped labor if I didnt think she was faking it. Cheer up buttercup. Hope you get better soon. Thanks again.

Yep! the POBOY doesnt have much more to say after you call him out and Prove him WRONG!

Yesterday he was going to tell us how to castrate a "Steer"? LOL

But without him this forum is not the same.

Yeah, been feeling extremely crappy the last month, so I just didn't feel like posting a whole lot, and my sense of humor was worn a bit thin.
 

Ryafor

New member
Messages
383
Reaction score
2
Location
Ontario, Canada
I got my rear rims. Man they're solid compared to thes cheap front ones lol. Shoulda got the fronts at the same time. I'll probably still use these cheap ones temporarily cause I'm poor and I still have other stuff to get to complete this project
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
They look a whole lot better than the HF wheels....(at least the old ones)....if FreeRunner15 is telling the truth HF has upgraded their wheels....

But...yeah, knew those weren't the greatest...they may or may not hold up stress wise on the steel....but I think they will....the bearings wouldn't have lasted very long, and the rubber, hard to tell from pics....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top