Remote Controlled Gokart, What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camarossnitro

Trolololololol
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
SF, CA
I have a Manco Dingo. I have rigged it up with a predator 346. I want to make it remote-controlled. I have a Traxxas 2.4 System ready. I can get 3 servos within a few weeks. What do u thing? :drool5::cool::biggrinjester:
 

carter

New member
Messages
390
Reaction score
1
one servo to the throttle, one big one on the steering wheel, another on the brakes, your set, except maybe some kind of pneumatic piston on the brakes.
 

Jcotz

...wasn't there
Messages
374
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
I am assuming you have a basic steering setup at the moment. In which case, you might have to make or get some sort of power steering setup, because I don't think a servo would be able to control the steering. (Unless you have a very heavy duty one).
 

carter

New member
Messages
390
Reaction score
1
you also might be better off using some sort of pneumatic piston for the break pedal control, because I don't think a servo would be able to push a drum break setup well enough to stop a cart, also you might want to use a very large servo for your steering, or attach some form of gear to the wheel and use a large reduction on it. and make sure you set up some form of emergency fail safe, if you suddenly lose connection while gunning it, it might continue to just keep going till it hits something or someone, or runs out of gas, or flips
 

camarossnitro

Trolololololol
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
SF, CA
I am definitey using a pneumatic piston of the brake pedal. One of the smaller servos will be mounted on the bottom. There is another one will do as the fail-safe. A powerful servo will be mounted on the bottom of the steering rod.
 

ML-TOYS

New member
Messages
2,908
Reaction score
19
Location
long island, new york
What servo will you use for steering ?

when i do power wheels jeeps i have to use 2 1/4 scale servos to turn the wheels.

you will need a very powerful one for a kart
 

ML-TOYS

New member
Messages
2,908
Reaction score
19
Location
long island, new york
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLN94&P=7

Tower Hobbies TS-80 2BB Giant Scale Servo U


SPECS: 4.8V (4 cells) 6.0V (5 cells)
Torque: 275 oz-in (19.8 kg-cm) 343 oz-in (24.7 kg-cm)
Speed: 0.19 sec/60° 0.14 sec/60°
Current Drain: Idle: 8mA
Running w/No Load: 700mA
Signal Pulse: Positive Pulse Control 1520us Neutral
Weight: 5.4oz (153g)
Length: 2.6" (66mm)
Width: 1.2" (30mm)
Height: 2.3" (58mm)
 

r97

Measure twice cut once
Messages
3,793
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts, USA
Search the forum, I believe this has been discussed before. As of right now I can remember seeing a remote control go kart in a PM or POP SCI magazine. I also came across a website with a remote control buggy that was about go kart size.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top