Rebuilding my old kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

gguuyy

Reaction score
It's a nice offer but I'm gonna have to decline. I don't have it in my possession just yet anyways I have to go pick it up when I get a chance. My father got it off a friend just for me to fix up and it was free so that's even better. Ill keep the offer in mind though it may be more than I'm up for right now can't tell till I have it.

gguuyy

Reaction score
You do know there's another, dare I say, easier way but, it appears you don't have the correct anchor plate...

What's the easier way? How do I not have the right anchor plate? I looked at several different kits and they were all the same. The only pieces I used were the L bracket and the conduit retainer. I drilled a small hole in the plate to hook the return sping to and I used a wire stop that I modified to connect to the throttle lever. It works properly so that's all I needed. I may change the setup once my kids get tired of riding it. Then ill remove the governor and get a cone filter and muffler. I would like to know other,simpler ways though.

OzFab

Reaction score

I say easier because the cable is shorter, enters the side as opposed to the rear &, therefore, has less kinks in it

If you need a better pic, let me know

gguuyy

Reaction score
Yea I thought about trying it that way but the pic on the kit I bought was setup similar to mine. I'd imagine the pull is a little easier on your setup. The throttle plate is what was on it so I just made it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.