r97's winder!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
dug up the old 5 point seat belt, its very nice! made by sabelt.

i'm also thinking of making my own seat out of metal, do you think 16ga sheet would be good?if not what would? Thanks!

will be gone next week, but i'm going to try and pickup them tires tomorrow. hopefully when i'm back from vacation i can get to work on something.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
heres some plans i found for a seat, it says not to be shared or copied on the plans, but its a free download on the companies site, 2nd one down,
http://www.rorty-design.com/content/downloads.htm

i was thinking 16ga steel would be good (i would guess aluminum would cost a lot more, and i would have to find a way to weld it....) you think i could go thinner than 16ga, or should i go thicker?

Thanks!

chuck

Reaction score
i would try to use honda 250r front shocks for the front. they worked really good on my fourwheeler.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Hey- thanks for posting the seat pattern!

16ga would be plenty strong, but a PITA to bend. Do you have access to a brake? If not, you'd be better off cutting out all the bend lines and welding on the correct angles. I used to do a lot of fabrication with 16ga sheet, and it's just too heavy to bend without a brake.

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
OK, back from Colorado (wish i was still there, skiing, climbing, mountain biking, hiking, and hanging out with my cousin is great! to make it worse i have school tomorrow!!!!! i hate school....:mad2:).

anyway, i hope to get started on this buggy!

-wasn't able to pickup those tires, gotta do that.
-then i want to get to work on the frame as soon as possible.
-should look into getting an engine.
-need to decide what to do with the gas tank (they have you make one, but it may be best to buy one)

p.s. changed my avatar :D

Status
Not open for further replies.