• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
im am sorry for your loss denny, and i hope you get your stuff back. i have some good news tho, i picked up a Wisconsin single from between 1949 and 1957 for 20$ i think it need points cleaned and a valve unstuck. also came with a cent. clutch on it. and also an old Koehler that was like 15 it missing some stuff but ill see about that one later

Kartorbust

Reaction score
My dad came out again over the weekend. He had gone out to Wyoming because my uncle (mom's brother) passed away last Monday from the pandemic after being in the hospital for a few weeks. Was doing good for a couple days, then had 3 heart attacks in a 24 hour period. He was 64.

Anyway with my dad over, finished installing a second LED ceiling light in the garage. Swapped the 15amp breaker to the garage for a 20 amp (garage has 12ga leading to it so 20amp is the max).

So now we are discussing how I should do up the garage for power. I may start a separate thread on here about this, since I'm sure someone else needs a few ideas for their garage/shop.

At current, house has a 125 amp panel, 20 amps now dedicated to the garage now. Plan is to from the meter, run number 4 wire to the garage to a 100 amp panel. Dig down 18" and use 1" PVC conduit to the garage panel. Upgrade the outlets in the garage from 14ga to 10ga (30 amp breaker). Need to install 3 240v outlets. 1 will be dedicated to a 60gal vertical compressor. Then one for a upgraded welder. Then one for a possible plasma cutter.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Slow progress. Can't do much more until I get everything figured out. One complication will be that the natural gas line is right next to the electrical, so either that needs to be redone, or part of the digging needs to be done by hand carefully.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
I paid a whole 20$ for a unnamed china quad and turns out its a 3 speed 110 and i had all the stuff minus brake masters to fix it up and man i love this lil thing its fast and suprisingly relaible never knew id say that about a china quad. Also amazon is selling these 196cc DIESELS they are a little smaller then a 420cc on the out side. They have a 3/4 shaft and are pull start. Now i just need only 360$ to buy one and some more to buy a turbo LOL.Screenshot_20210731-000417.png

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Well it's not anything Yanmar, Hatz, related. Could may be a Kholer diesel clone. But its definitely not a clone of any of the major ones. Though I did see that the Yanmar L100 clones are coming back, but are 409cc with a 10hp rating. Red shrouds and black shrouds.

karl

Reaction score
Wonder which clone that is for.
Right? It looks like a 196cc clone, is it just modified base, with some chinese engineering?

Now i just need only 360$ to buy one and some more to buy a turbo LOL.
It's cool, but I can't justify that price.

Picked up this toy today, 97' f350 4x4, 460 big block. Sat for 7 years, got it running on that fuel and driving.
Flavor blasted, but going to use the drivetrain to make an awesome 64' 1 ton.

Attachments

• 20210731_233159.jpg
    20210731_233159.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I paid a whole 20$ for a unnamed china quad and turns out its a 3 speed 110 and i had all the stuff minus brake masters to fix it up and man i love this lil thing its fast and suprisingly relaible never knew id say that about a china quad. Also amazon is selling these 196cc DIESELS they are a little smaller then a 420cc on the out side. They have a 3/4 shaft and are pull start. Now i just need only 360$ to buy one and some more to buy a turbo LOL.View attachment 127863

I think you can skip out on the turbo for that one. Naturally aspirated would do just fine. But what would you build it for? If I was in a market for a mini diesel of that size, if get a mini bike and use it off road. Long as it had a light coil on it. Probably could pull 30-50mpg out of it maybe more.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Heres some of my adventures lately, (4 hrs ago) went for a ride in my buddy's CJ5 and broke down. Lost a vacuum line, but in the process met a guy restoring a CJ 3A.

Snapchat-1286199039.jpg
32s, dont know the lift and the questionable buick 231 v6.

karl

Reaction score
They have a 3/4 shaft and are pull start. Now i just need only 360$
Price has fell to $250-70, but do not be mistaken, they do not have a 3/4 shaft.

Every one Ive seen for sale lists 20mm output shaft.

I was moments from ordering one until I realized it.

I have converted a scrapyard build gx160 from 20mm to 3/4 by hitting the shaft with an
angle grinder as it's running, not doing that with a new motor.

Clutch's with the right shaft size and engagement speed turned me off, and no electric
start option exists, so no cub cadet shaft drive swaps, so I noes buys ones.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Don't have much going on lately. Haven't really started any projects. Been too hot to do much. Last couple days it's been in the 70s. In a couple weeks I'll be doing some overseeding grass to get rid of dead patches and hopefully get rid of weeds. Grass seed is on clearance so that's helpful. Then next spring I can put down a pre-emergent fertilizer to help.

Haven't started on the VW street rail project or the ST2 Chimera build yet either. Haven't picked up parts for either project. Not permanently shelved, just very back burner. Also, I'm an idiot, only needed a 20 amp breaker for my welder, not a 30 amp.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
im 18 now since the 29th and someone gave me 18 lotto tickets for my bday i made 3$ lol. ive been wrenching on craftsman and other junk parting stuff out and building a craftsman mud mower and have another chassis to start too and then another one after that all craftsmans and slowly fixing a sears suburban st16 and trying to keep my yerfdog and minibikes running

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Got a 1990s John Deere LX188 lawn tractor. Got it off of an uncle. My dad brought it down for me. It has a Kawasaki FD501V water cooled vertical (I believe that's what the V indicates). Unsure of the hours, no hour meter on it. Pressure lubrication system with oil filter. Next JD I want to get would be like a 140 or a 330 diesel or 455 diesel.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
im 18 now since the 29th and someone gave me 18 lotto tickets for my bday i made 3$ lol. ive been wrenching on craftsman and other junk parting stuff out and building a craftsman mud mower and have another chassis to start too and then another one after that all craftsmans and slowly fixing a sears suburban st16 and trying to keep my yerfdog and minibikes running
Happy Birthday man! :thumbsup: :D