• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Quick bits

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Did HFT stop sending notifications if your membership is about to expire? Never got an email at all and apparently mine expired nearly a month ago.

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
idk do you mean harbor freight? also i drove my JD all the way to school took 40min so i think my john deere does about 7 or 6.5 mph. its 4.8miles to school and stock my john deere goes 5.5mph and my jd has bigger tires and less weight idk. im one of four people who did, somebody drove a 70s ford and someone drove a large john deere and someone drove a case ih the same size ill try to get pics of em

update i was bored and found a tire size calculator for speed and it probably goes about 5.7 at top speed. https://tiresize.com/speedometer-calibration/

Last edited:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
FYI for the next couple days, Harbor Freight is running a 10% (nonmembers) 20% (members) sale on EVERYTHING! No exclusions at all. So Predators, welders, everything.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Made this today! I took my big long piece of welding practice stock, cut it into approximately 9” sections, then welded it all together into a big metal sandwich! Obviously this sounds kinda weird, but basically what’s happening is our bishop is setting up a blacksmithing activity, so I made this in preparation, I intend to hopefully forge this into a Japanese kunai, we’ll see how this goes!
Our bishop will be providing rebar to use, but I figured that wouldn’t really be enough to make anything other than a tiny kunai, so I made a bigger, flat block to start with.

Attachments

• F1101D06-1730-4C8A-A4B6-7CEA87E37FE2.jpeg
    F1101D06-1730-4C8A-A4B6-7CEA87E37FE2.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • 3BCE04A1-6E1F-45E5-B809-FCC8C3B0E87F.jpeg
    3BCE04A1-6E1F-45E5-B809-FCC8C3B0E87F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7

Kartorbust

Reaction score
So, for like the 2nd week now, someone just has to start a thread that breaks every forum rule we have here. I mean come on. I'm pretty sure that it's the same person from last time, just under a new user name. Pretty much same topics as last time. Kind of wondering if it'll be possible for new threads by brand new accounts have to be pre-approved before being posted on here.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Made this today! I took my big long piece of welding practice stock, cut it into approximately 9” sections, then welded it all together into a big metal sandwich! Obviously this sounds kinda weird, but basically what’s happening is our bishop is setting up a blacksmithing activity, so I made this in preparation, I intend to hopefully forge this into a Japanese kunai, we’ll see how this goes!
Our bishop will be providing rebar to use, but I figured that wouldn’t really be enough to make anything other than a tiny kunai, so I made a bigger, flat block to start with.
Whats this steel to be welded????

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Just plain old Home Depot low carbon flat stock steel. The idea works in theory but it turned out the forge wasn’t quite hot enough to fuse the plates together sadly, so I’ll be working with the bishop to increase the heat. Not giving up yet!

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
im pully swapping my troy bilt it has vari drive i hope it doesnt just shred belts and its actually decent i only want 10-15mph out of it. 5.5 isnt enough for me. also im considering trying to make an old snapper deck chain drive so i can use a horizontal motor on a snapper and make it more reliable for my mom so it doesnt have to use friction drive

karl

Reaction score
im pully swapping my troy bilt it has vari drive i hope it doesnt just shred belts
Interesting , shift on the fly.

Made me this unacceptably loud header from scraps of lawnmower exhaust pipe, used the rest of my stock.
Hoping the long pipe would hush it, but 12.5 :1 compression ratio go brrrrrr. Ill add an RLV muffler.

Fits the Monster moto 80cc just right.

Attachments

• 20210321_192759.jpg
    20210321_192759.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210321_192715.jpg
    20210321_192715.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20210321_192930.jpg
    20210321_192930.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 2

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Paid 500 for this old truck and 300 for the plow that was already in the bed (my mom paid 500 to help me because i will pay her back when i can get something sold also she wanted the plow so she can have it) i had 300 and its well spent the truck is in great shape and my mom said she would pay all the parts to fix it so we can have it driving by easter to take the plow out using an uncles tractor. Its a 93 4x4 ext cab chevy silverado 1500 with a 350 small block and automatic transmission . Bench seats front and back comfy...

Kartorbust

Reaction score
That's the body style (1988-2000) that I like the most. The older C/K from the last 70s to 1987 were also nice. If I could, I'd get a 1995 6.5idi turbo diesel and bullet proof it. But those are scarce these days with bodies usually rotted out and the 6.5 wasn't very popular in the K1500.

Solomonster212

High Compression Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm back. Glad to be back. Bought yet another car and have been continuing the build on ky racing go kart. I barely remrmber where I left off here...