I got a hold of a 10 hp Subaru generator motor.
I am a big time suby fanatic. I have a 2005 STi and a 2005 baja turbo 5 speed. I have self tuned both of them. The baja puts down 318ft/lbs of torque while the STI is putting down 450+ ft/lbs of torque. I fabricate/mod/mechanic everything on my Subies.
I came across this engine on CL and offered the guy cash for 50% of what he was asking and I got it.
Thoughts? Was planning on a margay/live axle style frame. Was thinking of fabbing everything in schedule 20 stainless. One goal I have is to run this cart on E85 if at all possible. My STI runs on it and it is pure evil for torque.
I just got a brand new Miller 180 autofeed 230v welder. It welds so awesome on every type of metal. Really excited about this project.
I would like this to be done by August at the latest in time for the West Coast Subaru show.
I want to be able to drive the cart right up ramps into the bed of the baja and use the tailgate extender to hold it snug in the bed for transport.
I am a big time suby fanatic. I have a 2005 STi and a 2005 baja turbo 5 speed. I have self tuned both of them. The baja puts down 318ft/lbs of torque while the STI is putting down 450+ ft/lbs of torque. I fabricate/mod/mechanic everything on my Subies.
I came across this engine on CL and offered the guy cash for 50% of what he was asking and I got it.
Thoughts? Was planning on a margay/live axle style frame. Was thinking of fabbing everything in schedule 20 stainless. One goal I have is to run this cart on E85 if at all possible. My STI runs on it and it is pure evil for torque.
I just got a brand new Miller 180 autofeed 230v welder. It welds so awesome on every type of metal. Really excited about this project.
I would like this to be done by August at the latest in time for the West Coast Subaru show.
I want to be able to drive the cart right up ramps into the bed of the baja and use the tailgate extender to hold it snug in the bed for transport.