Primer on honda 6.5 clones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocko

Reaction score
Is there primers on these engines?, if so where are they at. I have had the engine in my garage now for about a year and I only ran it once. Now that I got a doodlebug I putting the clone on it because the little engine doesn't have that get up and go. But for some reason I keep thinking that there was a primer on it somewhere and I just aint seeing it.

ZnsaneRyder

Crazy Guy on a Bicycle
Reaction score
They are Gravity-Fed from the gas tank, and because of that, there is NO primer. As long as there's fuel in the line and carb bowl, the engine will run.

I prefer this to a primer setup any day.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Now that I got a doodlebug I putting the clone on it because the little engine doesn't have that get up and go. .

I did this project- has incredible get-up-and-go! We've had more wrecks/injuries from this than on any of my other projects. Even though the top speed is right around 33 mph @ 4300 rpm (ratios are different from year-to-year), I can beat cars across intersections from a red light- and I weigh 210 lbs!

rocko

Reaction score

I did this project- has incredible get-up-and-go! We've had more wrecks/injuries from this than on any of my other projects. Even though the top speed is right around 33 mph @ 4300 rpm (ratios are different from year-to-year), I can beat cars across intersections from a red light- and I weigh 210 lbs!

yeah I know that's what I did with mine and fell. I accelerated to quickly and flipped it lol.

ZnsaneRyder

Crazy Guy on a Bicycle
Reaction score
Gravity fed carbs have primers. Check any new push mower.
Primer is for starts, not fuel flow. Clone has choke only.
Some engines have choke and primer.

:roflol:

I doubt you even own a Honda Clone with such a statement. A Gravity fed carb does not mean it has a primer!

The 6.5HP Honda Clone engine has NO primer. I know by hands-on experience because I have completely disassembled my clone's carburetor before. It has a choke, and a fuel shutoff. The fuel tank is mounted on the crankcase (higher than the carburetor), and the fuel flows by gravity into the fuel line down from the fuel tank, into the carburetor bowl, thus NOT requiring any primer to start the engine, because the carb bowl is always full of fuel. .............AKA Gravity-Fed Carburetor

A typical Briggs & Stratton push mower has a primer, because the carburetor uses suction to draw fuel up from the tank, it's NOT gravity fed, and has no float or bowl. I have a 3.75HP Briggs engine like that.

A lot of the new gravity-fed push mowers don't even have choke or Primer, like my Father's 6HP one.

The Thread Starter asked if his Honda Clone engine has a Primer. I have 100% experience to say it does not have a Primer. The question has an answer.

ZnsaneRyder

Crazy Guy on a Bicycle
Reaction score

SWEET! That's a lot of power for a little minibike! :sifone:

jr dragster T

Reaction score
My freinds doodlebug with a 6.5 clone will either spin the tire on dirt for about 60' or on pavement throw you off with ease.

THE HUNTER

"Ghetto Rigging Expert"
Reaction score
:roflol:

I doubt you even own a Honda Clone with such a statement. A Gravity fed carb does not mean it has a primer!

The 6.5HP Honda Clone engine has NO primer. I know by hands-on experience because I have completely disassembled my clone's carburetor before. It has a choke, and a fuel shutoff. The fuel tank is mounted on the crankcase (higher than the carburetor), and the fuel flows by gravity into the fuel line down from the fuel tank, into the carburetor bowl, thus NOT requiring any primer to start the engine, because the carb bowl is always full of fuel. .............AKA Gravity-Fed Carburetor

A typical Briggs & Stratton push mower has a primer, because the carburetor uses suction to draw fuel up from the tank, it's NOT gravity fed, and has no float or bowl. I have a 3.75HP Briggs engine like that.

A lot of the new gravity-fed push mowers don't even have choke or Primer, like my Father's 6HP one.

The Thread Starter asked if his Honda Clone engine has a Primer. I have 100% experience to say it does not have a Primer. The question has an answer.

some engines with a gravity feed carb will have a primer. i have an 8hp Tecumseh on an Ariens snow blower. it has a primer. true, you can start it w/o using the primer, but its a lot faster with it.

also have a newer Briggs lawnmower engine with a gravity feed carb and it has a primer.

and not all Briggs engines with the tank below the carb have primers, especially the older ones.

im not sure what Affair_driven said that want true. he said "Clone has choke only" which was the first "point" you made in your reply...

Affair_driven

BULL DETECTOR
Reaction score
Stupid remark #1.^
I do not need to own a clone to know (and understand) how it operates. It so happens I have 3.
The 6.5HP Honda Clone engine has NO primer.
Stupid remark #2^
I never said it did. Re-read my post with brain engaged.
They are Gravity-Fed from the gas tank, and because of that, there is NO primer.
I simply pointed out that because a carb is gravity fed does not mean it will not have a primer. I stand by my statement and can prove it.

And while I'm thinking about it...
There's only a handful of posters on this forum (not just this thread) that know what they are talking about.
You sir, are not one of them. Not by a long shot.

ZnsaneRyder

Crazy Guy on a Bicycle
Reaction score
Stupid remark #1.^
I do not need to own a clone to know (and understand) how it operates. It so happens I have 3.
Stupid remark #2^
I never said it did. Re-read my post with brain engaged.
I simply pointed out that because a carb is gravity fed does not mean it will not have a primer. I stand by my statement and can prove it.

And while I'm thinking about it...
There's only a handful of posters on this forum (not just this thread) that know what they are talking about.
You sir, are not one of them. Not by a long shot.

I'm sorry if I was aggressive in my post, it just appeared that you were saying primer is not for fuel flow, after my post mentioning as long as there's fuel in the line and bowl it will run. I realize I misunderstood your post, and you weren't doubting my reply.

I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant, but it doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. I'm really familiar with many engines, but not all of them for sure. I see they do make some gravity fed carbs with primers.

I'll admit when I'm wrong, as I'm a man about it. I should have been much nicer in my post, and I sincerely apologize.

I'll still stand by the fact I know what I'm talking about when it comes to clones. As I read, you have 3 clones, you also have experience with them, so sorry for the assumption on my part.

No hard feelings, on with the thread. :sifone:

ZnsaneRyder

Crazy Guy on a Bicycle
Reaction score
Fat chicks are like Mopeds, fun to ride on, but you don't brag to your friends about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.