Predator Engine for go-kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
9
Half-Breeder do they sell spark plug boots at that store you mentioned? Dover Power?

Plug boot $3
coil assembly $12 This coil fit ALL clone and Hondas 6.5hp.
blower housing and starter $18.95 These will fit ALL 6.5hp clone engines regardless of brand.
Clone Ru X ing Carburetor $15 This carb is untouched as shipped from factory. This carb will fit ALL 5.5hp and 6.5hp Clones and Honda's
complete carb kit $9.95
new NKG plug $1.89 These plugs have a 3/4" reach. Their heat range is suitable for Gas. They are a conventional gap plug but a true racing plug from NGK

Seeing as that you already have a 'header' exhaust... ur gonna either need to up the factory jet(.028 in the Ru X ing carb) to either a .031(if you have the 'stock' air filter housing), or about .035-.039 if you put a 'high flow' air intake(cone filters usually), but your gonna need a housing/mount for the filter. If not... she wont run correctly(if at all).
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
That carb should be fine,
but I'd check the gaskets at least,
maybe find a matching intake manifold, to mount (and seal??) it properly.
something like this:


The way it's mounted directly to the intake doesn't look very airtight to me ;)

'sid
 

GoKarterman

New member
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Concord, North Carolina
Ok guys I think I need a new ignition coil but I think there are two different models for the gx200 Honda engine. I saw that I could get one off amazon for $10 but not sure if its the right one. what do you guys think?

P.s. I got the engine to start firing. turns out one of the valves was out of place so fixed that and it now sounds like the engine wants to run but isn't getting the second spark to keep it firing. Any advise on this problem would be great. Still haven't fixed the spark plug problem. That was why I need a new coil. I think the old one is a goner.
 

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
9
I wonder y it is that ppl ask questions ... get answers(even links) yet they insist on going around their rear to get from their elbow to their thumb....!?!?!?!?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top