Predator 212 upgrate

Joe barrowman

New member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Good evening guys

Im tinkering with a go cart I built my son . I installed a new Predator 212 and removed the governor and after riding a bit he says dad I want to go faster go figure . Question is I don't want to sink a ton of money into this so would it be ok to install a new air breather and a straight pipe for a header without installing a billet flywheel ? or is highly recommended that I do . anyhow thanks for your thoughts

Joe
 

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Messages
4,026
Reaction score
163
Location
Texas
An upgraded air filter and header will not require a billet flywheel or connecting rod. Usually the con rod will let go first.

Please note, the airflow upgrades most likely will not increase maximum RPM/top speed. They will, however, get your son to the top speed faster, and since it will be louder, it will SEEM faster to him. I say go for it!

Out of curiosity, can we see the kart? How old's the boy?
 

itsid

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
11,563
Reaction score
251
Location
Ruhrpott [Germany]
unless you pick the coarse side that is ;)
idealisk-grater-stainless-steel__0713134_PE729282_S5.JPG
jk.. :welcome2: aboard

And yes, the governor removal alone doesn't help much without the "free breathe" modifications
(less restrictive airfilter and exhaust)
sometimes you need to adjust the jetting slightly,
but nothing else should be needed to reach 5000-5500 rpms (almost doubling the top speed)
if the gearing is correct.

'sid
 
Top