Predator 212 Snorkel

anickode

Reaction score
If you got a cone air filter adapter, a fernco boot (those rubber fittings with the hose clamps for drain pipe repair), some PVC pipe and fittings, attach it to your carb and put the cone filter on the pipe.

Just FYI unless you waterproof your ignition system, the engine won't run under water, and if you do, the cooling fan on the flywheel will eat up most of your power pumping water.

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
If you got a cone air filter adapter, a fernco boot (those rubber fittings with the hose clamps for drain pipe repair), some PVC pipe and fittings, attach it to your carb and put the cone filter on the pipe.

Just FYI unless you waterproof your ignition system, the engine won't run under water, and if you do, the cooling fan on the flywheel will eat up most of your power pumping water.

And on top of that, the bowl vent for the carburetor would have to be tied into the snorkel or it would get water in the carb.

mckutzy

Reaction score
The motor isnt sealed and isnt meant to...So you would need to make an enclosure to separate it from the water, but have breathing air for it to function and the motor itself to breath and cool...

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Red Beard's Garage on YouTube tried a snorkel on their kart, and it ran terribly. My advice is to not do it.

jmaack

Reaction score
air cooled predator engine under water.........lol. I honestly doubt it would run unless hitting water full speed and skimming which you eont do with a predator 212 so we are back to square 1. why

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
if the engine is under water for most of the ride the water could cool it off and an air cooled engine that is run for like 5 mins with out the fin on the flywheel would be fine I think.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I know the Briggs and Startton Model 19 305cc engine that is used in Baja SAE, has a snorkel kit available for that. I'm not sure if you could get one and modify it for a Predator, but stuff does exist. But it's mostly just to make sure water from say a foot deep puddle doesn't fly up into the airbox and flood it out. It's part number 792349, but it has been superseded by 592251.

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Reaction score
Has anyone of you guy thought about dirt ingress? You all seem to be stuck on water.

Out here in the desert I have my dingo with a k&n style air filter and I have to oil and clean it constantly. It hangs out just over the tire and sucks dust.

I've been contemplating a snorkel myself. Perhaps run a tube up behind the top of the seat. Somewhere that's getting cleaner air.

And the OP still hasn't given updates......

Last edited:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Couple pictures of the Briggs snorkel kit.

Attachments

• Briggs_792349.gif
    Briggs_792349.gif
    75.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Briggs_492206.gif
    Briggs_492206.gif
    18.2 KB · Views: 4