• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Predator 212 ridding mower

Reaction score
Are you saying to have the motor centered or to cut the teeth on the sprocket?

Reaction score
It would require a lot more work than time that I have. Especially since it’s a axle kit.IMG_2002.pngIMG_2001.png

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
That sprocket hanging way out there by the wheel might be a problem. Especially with that seat support in the way. Why not cut a hole in the deck and put the sprocket underneath, put an engine plate next to it and bolt the engine down all the way through.

1715887133436.png

Reaction score
That sprocket hanging way out there by the wheel might be a problem. Especially with that seat support in the way. Why not cut a hole in the deck and put the sprocket underneath, put an engine plate next to it and bolt the engine down all the way through.

View attachment 147805
I wouldn’t mind doing that, but with the axle kit, it has the slots for each part such as the brakes hub and sprocket. I could probably make that work but I would need a new hub for the sprocket to go onto. The problem with that is that school is almost over and I don’t have much time to finish this before we have to leave for the summer. I plan on just keeping it where it is for now and if I feel like it, over summer I will change things up a little.

Speedster

Reaction score
Cut slots so you can put the chain on and pull the engine to tension the chain correctly.
He's saying to cut slots in the mounting plate so you can move the engine back and forth, to tesion the chain correctly. If you just drill holes, there will be no way to tension the chain. Unless you rig up some other system. Check out the picture. 1715967115933.png

Reaction score
so the sprocket that came with the axle is a T8F chain (never heard of it before) but is there anything equivalent to that? I have a clutch and a chain that’s a #35 but I also have the sprocket and chain that’s T8F so I’m kinda stuck. I tried to use 2 different sprockets but both of them won’t line up with the old holes so I want to try and order a clutch since they are cheaper and more guaranteed to fit.

Reaction score
Next week I think is my last time to work on it before school ends 🙁. I will for sure take it home but I don’t have all the same stuff at home such as welders and stuff like that

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
8mm pocket bike chain ----> garbage Looks like that sprocket is on a hub. Measure the distance between the center of the bolt holes on the hub and report back.
1716568358292.png

jmaack

Reaction score
I built this power wheels recently and now I want to build a lawnmower to ride to school. The problem I am having is that I want to use a 212 which is horizontal shaft but the transmission in it is for a vertical shaft. I would like to have gears because that would be cool excpecialy with reverse but if not I may need a solid axle. What would be better, to use a solid axle or try this?View attachment 146273
Look out for the grammar police. Serious business. Look in to correcting title.......

jmaack

Reaction score
I believe your biggest challenge is going to be converting from horisontal shaft to vertical. The belt contraption above will work, but won't be without its own challenges. Hey if GM can do it you can also. even if it was 60 some years ago.
No grammar policing?

jmaack

Reaction score
I believe your biggest challenge is going to be converting from horisontal shaft to vertical. The belt contraption above will work, but won't be without its own challenges. Hey if GM can do it you can also. even if it was 60 some years ago.
it is spelled horizontal.

You can't be this stupid surely? right?

jmaack

Reaction score
I think the gopowersports nut swingers prefer "girls just want to have fun".. No?