• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Post your Pew-Pew Questions, Pics and 2nd Amendment enthusiasm. 'Merica

Sparkwizard

Well-known member
Messages
702
Reaction score
836
Location
Richlands ,NC USA
This is great! I was unaware of this company. Between them and Kidd Innovations you could build a hell of a 10/22 for the fraction of a new one. Thanks for sharing.

FYI: Be careful dry firing a 10/22. The only weakness in one is the firing pin, depending if you got a good one or not. It's a real toss up if you got a good one or not.
We now have 5 10/22s and are planning to build two more this winter. SAP outfitters is a great resource.
Join Rimfire Central forums and get 10% off at SAP.
 

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
4,491
Location
Southern New Mexico
20260905_194328.jpg

Lets see what's inside...

20260905_194339.jpg

20260905_194350.jpg

Just as I expected. Nasty and dry.
I didnt do any trigger work yet. Lets see what a proper cleaning and lube will do.

20260905_203145.jpg

Getting this back together was a little tricky.

And what do you know. The bolt slides easier, the trigger is much better and the bolt catch works. I didnt know it had one.
 

Kartorbust

Inmate #627
Messages
4,533
Reaction score
996
Location
Utica, NE
Last year when I did hit the range, I had ordered Hoppe's 9 D-Lead hand wipes and hand soap. Stuff works really well. I usually have the wipes in my range bag, with a bottle of the soap in there as well. Big Shots in Lincoln, the indoor range I did frequent, supposedly had that stuff on hand in the bathroom, but wasn't sure if it was that. So just brought my own. 17887496828008281735482789668660.jpg
 

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
4,491
Location
Southern New Mexico
The reciever is aluminum. Hence why they dont recommend the hi velocity type stuff. Singers, hornets, what ever thay are called.
The one Pic shows the bolt in the reciever and the next one is the trigger group.

I had to move the scope back. The eye relief for me was terrible.
I still need to go resight it in. Problem is with this one, it spits the brass out in my grass and i cant find it.

But in other pew news, I picked up one of these $40 spotting scopes.
Im impressed with it for the price.

20260921_171534.jpg

It came with a phone holder and tripod too.

So here's my view at the mountain.

20260921_171540.jpg

Middle peak just above the WJ rear.

20260921_171446.jpg

8 miles to that peak.
 

Wicked_Daddy

Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire!
Messages
190
Reaction score
307
Location
Texas, Y'all
Mine is on the way as well. I broke my good one a couple years ago and just have not invested in another. But this is not even in the category of "investment". I box of rounds costs more!

I wonder if it's China ripping stuff off or that they are the manufacturer to begin with and just decide to slap their own brand on something and compete. It seems so many products are manufactured in the same factories over there - they just change the colors of the product, slap the brand on it and off it goes to the US - the same thing with 4 or 5 different names and colors on it.
 
Last edited:

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
4,491
Location
Southern New Mexico
I think you nailed it.

Ive heard of people having stuff made there for a one off production.
Then a month later they see that same product on the market. The factory had the plans and just kept making the part.

Post up your review when you get it.
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,199
Reaction score
4,174
Proof is in the pics dude.
China has got pretty good at ripping stuff off.
And if it breaks, eh, its was only 40 bux

I just hate the B.S. "brand names". Some of them are literally a collection of 90% consonants. :oops:(n)
Thanks for the review. Better than anything I can find on Amzon or elsewhere. People are shills even if doing a legit review on the Tube. How many stars do you give it?
 

Whitetrashrocker

Inmate #952016
Messages
5,067
Reaction score
4,491
Location
Southern New Mexico
Yeah the alphabet soup company names are pretty funny.

As of first impressions id say 4☆.
Optics are clear.
The controls work smoothly.
The tripod is adequate.
The phone holder is nice, but like a few reviews mentioned its hard to remove your phone from it. The spring is stiff and the tabs are hard to grab ahold of. Its not that bad, man up.
The carry/storage bag is of decent quality. The tripod and phone holder dont fit in it though. Again not a deal breaker but would be nice to keep it all together.

They do make different ones with a larger diameter lens and different zoomies.
Again, like wicked daddy said, for less than a box of ammo its hard not to pass.
 
Top